+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 letters from family or friends is necessary for spousal sponsorship?

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
hi guys. is it required to also submit 2 statutory Declaration letter from family or friend if we were applying through spousal sponsorship?

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hear that those notarized letters are only required for certain countries and for common law, so you should not need them for spousal. All your wedding information should be enough proof.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Yes, it is. You don't need them notarized but it's possible you need them notarized for certain countries. The application forms are clear, it says two letters. Even if someone says it's still probably fine, why even consider to jeopardize an application over something like this?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SamHom said:
Yes, it is. You don't need them notarized but it's possible you need them notarized for certain countries. The application forms are clear, it says two letters. Even if someone says it's still probably fine, why even consider to jeopardize an application over something like this?
Incorrect. The 2 stat decs are only required for common-law apps.

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Incorrect. The 2 stat decs are only required for common-law apps.
Thanks canuck! I was worried for a second that I was giving the wrong information

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Are there some other kind of letter that is required then from friends and relatives? If not I must have messed it up in my head and thanks for correcting it.

Either way, it could be a good idea to give them some letter written by friends and family with their contact information included.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SamHom said:
Are there some other kind of letter that is required then from friends and relatives? If not I must have messed it up in my head and thanks for correcting it.

Either way, it could be a good idea to give them some letter written by friends and family with their contact information included.
No, there is no requirement for family/friend letters outside of the 2 common-law Stat Decs. However, such letters are always good proof.