+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

180 days or 6 month.. Should i apply for extension

lina94

Feb 24, 2017
Hi everyone i came to Canada on 2april by SX1 student visa when i contacted the embassy they told me this is a 6 months visa.. My return trip is on 29th Sep... When i calculated the days these are a total of 180 days stay in Canada.. I am afraid to overstay should i apply for extension?

Also i tried to change thr flight date to be. On the safe side but the air company says i need to pay at least 800 dollars which is very expensive..
I tried to call the CiC and its always an automated message i cannot reach an agent.. What should I do?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe I am the only one confused as you say you have a 6 month visa so 182 days, you arrived April 2 and plan to leave Sept 29 , so your stay is 181 days as the day you arrive is counted as is the day you leave.

Are you concerned your flight gets cancelled or something as not sure I see what the issue is. Maybe I am missing something.

Anyway you had an answer back in May that you really have no need to be concerned even though you are staying right up to the end of your authorised stay, you are based on the math not overstaying at all.

Last edited: