+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

16 june 2012 ielts exam Toughest !!!!!!!!

theamandeep

Dec 27, 2010
Amritsar
Visa Office......
CHC Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 :) (L6.5, R6.0, W6.5, S6.0)
Interview........
amandeep.walia91 @ gmail.com
today was my ielts exam Academic under BC ,it is too hard

and friends the listening is on speed of 120 km/hr

Reading, I don't want to break your heart

its a Worst performance of my life :(

lets see the result on 29th june
and Friends bee prepare very well, its not easy nowadays as before ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
What did they have in reading? Where did you take the test?

theamandeep

Dec 27, 2010
Amritsar
Visa Office......
CHC Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
I have appeared my test in jalandhar (Punjab),

in reading first 2 sections are all right but 3rd one is really difficult to understand ,Still i have 20 minutes for it but i unable to understand ,i have never read this type of passage

it is regarding a measum construction in Australia ,,
and in listening module in 3 section lady speaks in so fastly and i remained my 5 fill-ups .

Like i never done practice for this type of test. Moreover Topic is regarding "Nowadays the variety of food people like that has advantages for development but over weighted disadvantages do you agree or not "

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
Damn, that's terrible. One of my friends took the IELTS today in Mumbai. Can't wait to hear what he has to say.

What did others say? Did they find the test difficult too?

theamandeep

Dec 27, 2010
Amritsar
Visa Office......
CHC Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
world.citizen said:
Damn, that's terrible. One of my friends took the IELTS today in Mumbai. Can't wait to hear what he has to say.

What did others say? Did they find the test difficult too?

yeah test is difficult too for all students !!
All are crying of the test and Even some students are from Canada and Australia , they too feel that they never seen such level of test ??

One of my friend told me that if examiner feel that test was difficult then they become some lenient while giving score .
like if 23 correct answers = 6 bands they may give 6 bands on 21 correct ans.

Is it true ??

Toady is my speaking test @ 4.50 PM , I am thinking that its waste of time to go but friend is saying to sure go for speaking

I don't know what is going to happen and thinking to fill test again on next month again. but this time I will fill when Academic+ general giving test at same day :(

Tabu

May 19, 2012
reading was really really tough ... in listening section 2 lady is speaking really fast too

theamandeep

Dec 27, 2010
Amritsar
Visa Office......
CHC Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
Tabu said:
reading was really really tough ... in listening section 2 lady is speaking really fast too
It was a horrible Experience of my life !!

you can't beleive What was the Q card in speaking module " Describe a Situation an animal attack you in zoo"
Does any when ever listen about it ?

i don't know how to prepare for this type of test ??

Is everyone agree with me ?

hronaque

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Other
theamandeep said:
I have appeared my test in jalandhar (Punjab),

in reading first 2 sections are all right but 3rd one is really difficult to understand ,Still i have 20 minutes for it but i unable to understand ,i have never read this type of passage

it is regarding a measum construction in Australia ,,
and in listening module in 3 section lady speaks in so fastly and i remained my 5 fill-ups .

Like i never done practice for this type of test. Moreover Topic is regarding "Nowadays the variety of food people like that has advantages for development but over weighted disadvantages do you agree or not "
I gave the academic test on 16 June and i would say the reading last para was a bit tough. Writing was pretty ok i guess you could have elaborated more on the disadvantages of ppl eating food from other regions. As far as listening test it was pretty ok.
Lets hope for the best and patiently wait for our results :)

theamandeep

Dec 27, 2010
Amritsar
Visa Office......
CHC Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
hronaque said:
I gave the academic test on 16 June and i would say the reading last para was a bit tough. Writing was pretty ok i guess you could have elaborated more on the disadvantages of ppl eating food from other regions. As far as listening test it was pretty ok.
Lets hope for the best and patiently wait for our results :)

But Still man I have to say it's not the exam of normal standard , Specially not for me
Because i have given test once before and got s-6.5,l-6.5,w-5.0,r-6.5

just due to writing i was giving test again , but its really really tough.

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
@theamandeep
Hey dude, you were absolutely right. My friend said the exact same thing about the reading section. He went even a step further and said some of the ending questions were wrong, but I think he was just pissed. That dude used to consistently get 8.5/9.0 bands in his practice reading tests, so I can imagine his outrage. He even tried googling that "musuem" passage but couldn't find it. I'm kinda curious too coz mine was on the 9th and I had a normal exam, so don't know what this feels like. My speaking test was also pretty easy - "a memorable trip you went on". Yours sounds crazy (lol)... zoo animal attack!!

When can we expect our results btw? It's been more than a week; still no results :(

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
Oh and about the lenient grading, where did you hear that? Is that for real?

theamandeep

Dec 27, 2010
Amritsar
Visa Office......
CHC Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
world.citizen said:
@ theamandeep
Hey dude, you were absolutely right. My friend said the exact same thing about the reading section. He went even a step further and said some of the ending questions were wrong, but I think he was just pissed. That dude used to consistently get 8.5/9.0 bands in his practice reading tests, so I can imagine his outrage. He even tried googling that "musuem" passage but couldn't find it. I'm kinda curious too coz mine was on the 9th and I had a normal exam, so don't know what this feels like. My speaking test was also pretty easy - "a memorable trip you went on". Yours sounds crazy (lol)... zoo animal attack!!

When can we expect our results btw? It's been more than a week; still no results :(

I was also scoring 8 or 8.5 bands continuously not occasionally during my practice tests , and in listening I often get 8 bands , I have no fear of Exam when i entered in the Examination hall because i was confident that i can easily score 6.5 or 7 bands .but when reading is over i came to know that i am ruin :(

yes a person told me about lenient marking but don't know ,is it true or false

Was your Exam with general category ??
My Coaching classes teacher told me that together exam of general and Academic is always easy as compared to only academic test
however, best of luck for your result and hope it will be nice , I am going to reappear on 12 July again under BC In Amritsar

where you took your test ?

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
@theamandeep
How does one find that out? Was yours with general category? I didn't really talk to anybody after the test. I was quite happy with my performance. And another thing... are you serious??? You booked your re-test date already? Are you really that confident that you won't do well in this one?

@Tabu
Where did you get that from? It's just hearsay, right?

theamandeep

Dec 27, 2010
Amritsar
Visa Office......
CHC Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Interview........
world.citizen said:
@ theamandeep
How does one find that out? Was yours with general category? I didn't really talk to anybody after the test. I was quite happy with my performance. And another thing... are you serious??? You booked your re-test date already? Are you really that confident that you won't do well in this one?

@ Tabu
Where did you get that from? It's just hearsay, right?

bro , i have not booked my re-test date yet , but as i need 6.5 bands and not less then 6 each, so probably the result is not favorable ,

My couching teacher also told me to wait for the result, but i know after result I can not get 12 july or 21 july date , that's why thinking to fill out ?

however, lets see I will wait for result .