Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Since the FBI decided to update their system, they have gone from a 21 day wait for the report, to a 12 week wait. Talk about a night and day difference. Here is the notice from their website:

"On September 7, 2014, CJIS installed a new IT system. As a result of this installation, we are experiencing delays in processing. Please be assured that each issue is being identified and resolved as quickly as possible, but at this time anticipated processing time for an Identity History Summary is approximately 12 weeks. Allow additional time for mail delivery. "

I'm waiting on my proof of citizenship to finish being processed. I'm 4.5 months into this wait. But, I've also been informed my application is moved to the Program Support Unit and could take up to 24 months to complete. Should I, or would you, order the FBI report for your spouse knowing it's a 3 month wait? Or if my certificate is done sooner, should I send off the packet of paperwork for family sponsorship with the meds completed and send the FBI report once it arrives? This 4 month wait for an FBI report seems like a huge wrench thrown into an already wrench loaded process.

Oh, and if anyone has any experience filing for an FBI report after Sept 7th, have you heard anything yet?

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
I think I may have found a solution to this problem. Using a channeler and they don't cost too much more than an original FBI report.

http://www.nationalbackgroundcheck.com/FBI%20channeling%20all.pdf

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
saria1 said:
I think I may have found a solution to this problem. Using a channeler and they don't cost too much more than an original FBI report.

http://www.nationalbackgroundcheck.com/FBI%20channeling%20all.pdf
this is not a solution to the problem. CIC will NOT accept FBI records from third party channelers, so no matter what you MUST get your record straight from the FBI. It is on watermarked paper, and CIC will know the difference.

The only thing to do is wait the 12 weeks out. Since the wait time has increased dramatically, it may benefit applicants to send in the application package without it, and provide proof it has been requested. That way, at least the sponsor's app can be processed, and hopefully by the time CIC requests the record, you will have it in your hands.

M

mikeymyke

It doesn't say on CIC's website, but they do not accept reports from channelers.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
as others have said, reports from FBI Channelers are not accepted by CIC.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fbi-clearance-fyi-dont-go-through-thirdparty-channeler-t202735.0.html

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
Oh, no! don't tell me that!! I read carefully the CIC documentation, and since it didn't say that they do NOT accept reports from third parties, I got mine through MyFBI report. My report came in watermarked paper. But now you got me worried.

M

mikeymyke

Yeah it sucks they don't say on their website, but it's true. I only found out about this problem after reading this forum. Thank good ness this was before I ordered them.

Abuelita

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-07-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
Thanks to all of you guys! Well, I guess I better get one directly from FBI...

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
rhcohen2014 said:
this is not a solution to the problem. CIC will NOT accept FBI records from third party channelers, so no matter what you MUST get your record straight from the FBI. It is on watermarked paper, and CIC will know the difference.

The only thing to do is wait the 12 weeks out. Since the wait time has increased dramatically, it may benefit applicants to send in the application package without it, and provide proof it has been requested. That way, at least the sponsor's app can be processed, and hopefully by the time CIC requests the record, you will have it in your hands.
Thanks rcohen, I think that sounds the most reasonable way to get this done! Hopefully they work the bugs out of their system and that timeline soon drops. I guess all governments are the same, implement something that is not yet ready to be released and should have never passed QC. Just like the Obamacare healthcare markets!

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Ok, back and forth communication with one of the channelers turned this up;

"Hello,

I'm curious about your service for a full FBI report for immigration purposes. We had planned to apply directly to the FBI ourselves, but it seems since Sept 7th their wait times have gone from 30 days to 12 weeks.

How much does the service cost? Is it the full report that Canadian immigration officials would consider valid? How quick is the turn around time? Also, we live in NJ, so it seems we would have to send in rolled prints.

Regards,""

"Good Afternoon,

Fingerprint cards would need to be sent in to our Chicago office for processing. You can get fingerprinted at a law enforcement agency, or any location that provides fingerprinting services in your area. I recommend contacting them for specifics (i.e. appointments, fees) prior to going in. Please see below for information on obtaining a Federal FBI report.

It is available through us for U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents.

Once we have your package, it is usually processed the same day. The report is available after approximately twenty-four hours on our customer portal, and to be printed and/or mailed according to the option you choose.
Reports must be mailed to a U.S. address in the applicant's name, or the applicant's lawyer's name upon written request on letterhead. I am including a link to our webpage with all of the instructions and forms.
http://www.accuratebiometrics.com/fingerprinting_FBI_Procedures_By_Mail.html
Prices are as follows:
Option 1* -- Quickest turnaround time --FBI report access using the Accurate Biometrics Customer Website - $50.00
Option 2* -- US Mail (First class) - $55.00
Option 3* -- UPS 2nd Day Air - $70.00
Option 4* – Customer portal retrieval and copy sent via first class US Mail - $60.00

For Apostille, you would mail your report to The Department of State. Information is found at the link below.
http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/legal-considerations/judicial/authentication-of-documents/office-of-authentications.html

Please let me know if you have any additional questions."

I replied with:

"So what you're saying is if I were to order the report utilizing 1st class mail or UPS, it would be the same exact document, printed on the same paper the FBI uses? Essentially immigration will not be able to tell the difference? "

She replied with:

"You are correct. We have an agreement with the FBI, so that clients can utilize our services on a more expedited basis. This information can be found on our website, but I will also include it here:

FBI results will be sent to you along with a payment receipt. The FBI result/response is generated by Accurate Biometrics in accordance with the FBI issued “Channeler Requirements for the Departmental Order Process” dated June 10, 2011. Accurate Biometrics is required to print the criminal history response exactly as it is electronically received from the CJIS Division of the FBI.

Accurate Biometrics, a certified FBI Channeler, is approved to electronically process FBI fingerprint background check requests in accordance with Department of Justice Order 556-73 (www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks).
Again, this report is printed on the same blue tamper-proof paper with the FBI seals.
Please let me know if you have any other questions!"

So it appears if you get the mailed version and not print your own from the portal its all legit and exactly as the FBI used.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But, it doesn't matter what a Channeler tells you, because CIC will NOT accept anything unless it is from the FBI directly.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
saria1 said:
FBI results will be sent to you along with a payment receipt. The FBI result/response is generated by Accurate Biometrics in accordance with the FBI issued “Channeler Requirements for the Departmental Order Process” dated June 10, 2011. Accurate Biometrics is required to print the criminal history response exactly as it is electronically received from the CJIS Division of the FBI.
The part in bold is the issue. CIC wants the report requested directly to and generated by the FBI themselves, not a 3rd party. It doesn't matter if the FBI says it is legit. CIC wants the report request sent directly to the FBI and they want the letter to come directly from the FBI.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
And one more time, I give you CanadianWife13's experience:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fbi-clearance-fyi-dont-go-through-thirdparty-channeler-t202735.0.html

Hi all,

Just wanted to post this as it might help some of you out there. My husband and I got his FBI Clearance letter from what is called a "third-party" channeler to expedite the process. At the time we didn't know that this is what they are called. We paid a little extra money to expedite the process and within a few days we received the letter directly from the FBI. We were so happy. Unfortunately we just found out from CIC that even though we got the FBI clearance letter they won't accept it and we have to apply for another one directly from the FBI. We didn't know and now this will hold us up so I am hoping to help some of you out there that might make the same mistake as us.

Below I cut and paste what the CIC wrote to us:

The FBI Clearance that you have provided has been issued by a
third-party channeler. Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not
accept FBI clearances issued by channelers. Please apply for FBI
Clearance directly to the FBI
:

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
keesio said:
And one more time, I give you CanadianWife13's experience:

Hi all,

Just wanted to post this as it might help some of you out there. My husband and I got his FBI Clearance letter from what is called a "third-party" channeler to expedite the process. At the time we didn't know that this is what they are called. We paid a little extra money to expedite the process and within a few days we received the letter directly from the FBI. We were so happy. Unfortunately we just found out from CIC that even though we got the FBI clearance letter they won't accept it and we have to apply for another one directly from the FBI. We didn't know and now this will hold us up so I am hoping to help some of you out there that might make the same mistake as us.

Below I cut and paste what the CIC wrote to us:

The FBI Clearance that you have provided has been issued by a
third-party channeler. Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not
accept FBI clearances issued by channelers. Please apply for FBI
Clearance directly to the FBI
:
Thank you for all of that Keesio. Now I'm curious. I think when the time comes, I'll pay for the channeler and send directly to the FBI. I want to see the difference in the two side by side.

stone12m

Sep 4, 2013
I have a follow-up to this. I just got SA for my wife's application (American). By the time we actually submitted her Outbound app, it was approx 4 months after she got her criminal check (I know they want it within 3 months). Since she was in Canada with me, she sent copies of her passport page that shows her immigration stamps and a cover letter that explained she hasn't been back to the US since the check was conducted (it was sent to us by her brother from the states).

My question is would you recommend we initiate getting another check done now in anticipation immigration could ask for another, or are we worrying too much?