+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 years Course...Super Confused about Work Permit Time span.. Plz Help....

xaviers

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Adam531989 said:
Dear friend,

I suggest best option for one year program with higher settlement possibility is only with Saskatchewan province.

Parkland College is first regional college of Saskatchewan province.

Parkland College offers best one year certificate as well as PG programs with which when one completes program and 960 hours of part time work, he/she can directly apply for provincial certificate called SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program).

With one year study permit students get one year stay back. During next year student can easily complete all the formalities to become PR of Canada.

Three of my friends from South part of India have successfully settled in Saskatchewan. I am going to complete same shortly.

Why to go with any random Provinces in Canada if students have best option of Parkland college in Saskatchewan province. Highest employment across all the Provinces in Canada.

Hope this information helps.
are you sure that with part time work one can apply for SINP? because as far as i know only full time skilled job that relates to the studies acquired in Canada counts when it comes to apply for PR even in Saskatchewan. can you please paste the link

Adam531989

Oct 21, 2014
Yes, job offer is definitely required to apply for SINP that too in the field of study. This is standard procedure to apply for any provincial certificate across Canada.

Main difference I meant was that for other provinces one would require to have certain period of full time work experience to apply from PNP and for SINP it is just an offer letter not any work experience required.

Hope this information gives you more clarity.

Shivambhatia

Oct 29, 2014
Adam,

Thank you for information about Saskatchewan and Parkland College. I have just started to check for options to study in Canada.

This information is really helpful

Adam531989

Oct 21, 2014
Hi harpreet,

You have scored 6.0!, good score. Entry in Parkland College requires IELTS score 6.5! I suggest you to reappear for IELTS checking nearest IELTS dates availability. You could get your score improved this time.

What is your academic background? You can take advantage of February 2015 intake for HRM post graduate program. If i am not wrong, Visa deadline would be extended for February 2015 intake from 1st December 2014 to 1st January 2014. One of my friends based in Baroda(Gujarat) also applying for the same.

It will save your money almost CAD 13000. :) :)

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Most of Ontario institutions provide PG Certificate programs for one year. You may opt for Ontario as long as you do not have issues relocating to another province after your completion of studies. As, it is almost impossible to file PR after doing a one year program from Ontario.

I hope this will help.