+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year PGWP expires...

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Dear Experts,
Please let me know if the work experience gained during Implied Status (Applied for PGWP and waiting for approval) can count as a valid experience while applying for EE?
The situation is when someone eligible to get one year PGWP and so after course completion apply for PGWP and the 2nd day joins a job. Let's say it took a month to get the PGWP approved. Hence, that 1 month experience during Implied Status will count when applied in EE or it is from PGWP approval date.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear Experts,
Please let me know if the work experience gained during Implied Status (Applied for PGWP and waiting for approval) can count as a valid experience while applying for EE?
The situation is when someone eligible to get one year PGWP and so after course completion apply for PGWP and the 2nd day joins a job. Let's say it took a month to get the PGWP approved. Hence, that 1 month experience during Implied Status will count when applied in EE or it is from PGWP approval date.
Yes, it counts.

Reactions: Simmidas

TopGainer

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
Dear Experts,
Work experiences under implied status count as valid experience and can be used towards CEC.

Reactions: Simmidas

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
So I got invited to apply for PR on May 15, 2020 and applied PR and BOWP on May 26,2020 and PGWP expired on June 8, 2020
Nice! so you got an ITA in 3 days, and sorry last question, did you apply on the 26th because you were gathering documents or was there something that had delayed you? Would it be technically possible to have applied on May 16th?

TopGainer

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
Nice! so you got an ITA in 3 days, and sorry last question, did you apply on the 26th because you were gathering documents or was there something that had delayed you? Would it be technically possible to have applied on May 16th?
No I waited for 2 more weeks intentionally just to have some buffer. If you have all your docs ready, you could apply once you get ITA. I would suggest you to contact IRCC tho for your 4-semester courses but only 12-month pgwp. It doesn't look right to me.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
No I waited for 2 more weeks intentionally just to have some buffer. If you have all your docs ready, you could apply once you get ITA. I would suggest you to contact IRCC tho for your 4-semester courses but only 12-month pgwp. It doesn't look right to me.
Yeah it's weird, but I'm worried any tampering with the application will invalidate the work experience gained already. I have 1 year of work to the dot.

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Yeah, I'll prep everything beforehand, maybe Feb 1st submit the profile, with my 516 CRS points hopefully get an ITA in the next round (Feb 14 by the latest?) then apply for PR and BOWP.. otherwise apply for visitor and chill for 4 months? , thanks for your help :)