+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 Year PGWP Atlantic Immigration Program

7jekyl

Jul 13, 2024
Hello,

I received my PGWP on February 28, 2024.

I'm currently working as a Shift Leader (Supervisor Position) at a Food and Beverage Industry in New Brunswick. I've been working there for 5 months as of date and the employer is willing to provide a LMIA after my permit expires. However, just recently I got a job offer as a Continuing Care Assistant (PSW) at a Long-Term Care home. It's a temporary full time which only lasts for 6 months but there's still a possibility for it to turn into a permanent full time.

My only problem is I started my work as a Supervisor on March 08, 2024. This means I'm missing 1 week and 4 days of the full 1 year work experience since I'm not a international graduate from the Atlantic provinces which makes me liable to fulfill 1 year work experience. Another problem is with the uncertainty with my new employer at the Long-Term Care Home (since I'm still new), if they could provide me a closed work permit or if they're willing to apply for my PR after only 6 months of working with them. I was thinking if they could add the 5 months I worked as a Supervisor plus the 6 worked as a PSW?

Is there any way to get around this? Please let me know, it's been really stressful and anxiety inducing ):

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hello,

I received my PGWP on February 28, 2024.

I'm currently working as a Shift Leader (Supervisor Position) at a Food and Beverage Industry in New Brunswick. I've been working there for 5 months as of date and the employer is willing to provide a LMIA after my permit expires. However, just recently I got a job offer as a Continuing Care Assistant (PSW) at a Long-Term Care home. It's a temporary full time which only lasts for 6 months but there's still a possibility for it to turn into a permanent full time.

My only problem is I started my work as a Supervisor on March 08, 2024. This means I'm missing 1 week and 4 days of the full 1 year work experience since I'm not a international graduate from the Atlantic provinces which makes me liable to fulfill 1 year work experience. Another problem is with the uncertainty with my new employer at the Long-Term Care Home (since I'm still new), if they could provide me a closed work permit or if they're willing to apply for my PR after only 6 months of working with them. I was thinking if they could add the 5 months I worked as a Supervisor plus the 6 worked as a PSW?

Is there any way to get around this? Please let me know, it's been really stressful and anxiety inducing ):
Your employer has to be designated and then they can apply for endorsement to the province. Once endorsement is received, you can apply for PR and a BOWP.
If you go the LMIA route, you should start the process now. Actually, whichever route you go you should act now.

7jekyl

Jul 13, 2024
Your employer has to be designated and then they can apply for endorsement to the province. Once endorsement is received, you can apply for PR and a BOWP.
If you go the LMIA route, you should start the process now. Actually, whichever route you go you should act now.
What are the requirements before getting endorsed to the province through AIP? Both employers are designated. However, will it be possible for either one to apply for endorsement this early on? Or should I ask my new job offer (PSW) after 3 months of working with them?

Currently I'm still on my probation in my supervisory role (Food and Beverage) for 5 months now.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
What are the requirements before getting endorsed to the province through AIP? Both employers are designated. However, will it be possible for either one to apply for endorsement this early on? Or should I ask my new job offer (PSW) after 3 months of working with them?

Currently I'm still on my probation in my supervisory role (Food and Beverage) for 5 months now.
There's no waiting period under skilled worker on AIP unless you have no foreign work experience? I think you are confusing it with EE specifically CEC.

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/corporate/promo/immigration/immigrating-to-nb/atlantic-immigration-program.html

Also, AIP work permits are LMIA exempt. You need the endorsement though.

7jekyl

Jul 13, 2024
There's no waiting period under skilled worker on AIP unless you have no foreign work experience? I think you are confusing it with EE specifically CEC.

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/corporate/promo/immigration/immigrating-to-nb/atlantic-immigration-program.html

Also, AIP work permits are LMIA exempt. You need the endorsement though.
Thank you for the clarification. The only work experience I have is all within Canada (including part time jobs worked as an international student), I'm not sure if my current roles fall into the skilled work category though?

Right now, my job at the Food and Beverage is making me wait till I gain 1 year experience with them before they issue me an LMIA. Whereas the problem with the PSW job offer is it's only temporary full time (at least for now) - AIP requires the job offer to be permanent full time ):

I spoke with the nursing manager and she did say that there's a chance I could be offered a permanent full time once the other employee leaves for maternity OR if a position opens up at other locations (under the same company).

Both situations are on shaky ground/uncertain. But I feel like I have to take a leap of faith with the PSW job because the Food and Beverage position feels pretty abusive right now..