+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 year of Canadian experience on a close work permit + LMIA exempt job offer (permanent job): can I claim the job offer 50 points for express entry?

Mocha1989@

Jun 30, 2023
Hi folks,

While applying for the express entry, can I answer that I have a valid job offer given the below facts?

1-I have been working for one year with my employer in Canada (Nova scotia) while I am on a closed work permit. My work permit is still valid until 2025 .
2-I have accepted this permanent job offer back in November 2021 then they completed the closed work permit process on my behalf
3-I am still working with them
4-My Job offer was LMIA exempt. (exempt for “Canadian interests” -“significant benefit”- workers transferred within a company (intra-company transferees with specialized knowledge) – only those that will benefit Canada with their skills and experience

I could also claim the points related to the Canadian experience of 1 year on top of this valid Job offer?!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi folks,

While applying for the express entry, can I answer that I have a valid job offer given the below facts?

1-I have been working for one year with my employer in Canada (Nova scotia) while I am on a closed work permit. My work permit is still valid until 2025 .
2-I have accepted this permanent job offer back in November 2021 then they completed the closed work permit process on my behalf
3-I am still working with them
4-My Job offer was LMIA exempt. (exempt for “Canadian interests” -“significant benefit”- workers transferred within a company (intra-company transferees with specialized knowledge) – only those that will benefit Canada with their skills and experience

I could also claim the points related to the Canadian experience of 1 year on top of this valid Job offer?!
Yes, you can. Make sure your job offer letter states that they will continue to employ you for a year after you become a PR.

Mocha1989@

Jun 30, 2023
Yes, you can. Make sure your job offer letter states that they will continue to employ you for a year after you become a PR.
I do not think in the Job offer they said so; but I know that they provide PR letter stating that "Subject to business considerations such as performance and client needs, we expect Mr. xx’s employment to continue should he be permitted to immigrate to Canada. We look forward to the Consulate's positive consideration of this application at its earliest opportunity."

Would that suffice pls? do you know someone who get into similar path way ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I do not think in the Job offer they said so; but I know that they provide PR letter stating that "Subject to business considerations such as performance and client needs, we expect Mr. xx’s employment to continue should he be permitted to immigrate to Canada. We look forward to the Consulate's positive consideration of this application at its earliest opportunity."

Would that suffice pls? do you know someone who get into similar path way ?
Technically this is not enough.

It should really say that you will continue to be employed for a year after PR. That's the only way to guarantee IRCC will allow you to claim the 50 job offer points.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Mocha1989@

Jun 30, 2023
Technically this is not enough.

It should really say that you will continue to be employed for a year after PR. That's the only way to guarantee IRCC will allow you to claim the 50 job offer points.
Great, just asking have you seen any job offers saying that they will continue to employ me within the job offer itself also I wanted to bring to your attention that the Job offer does not mention any date for my employment, so I understand that it is permanent job offer, correct?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Great, just asking have you seen any job offers saying that they will continue to employ me within the job offer itself also I wanted to bring to your attention that the Job offer does not mention any date for my employment, so I understand that it is permanent job offer, correct?
You need a new job offer which states that you will be employed one year past PR.

Reactions: Taran D

Mocha1989@

Jun 30, 2023
If the job offer letter is within the last few months, you can use it. If not, you need a new job offer stating you have the job one year past PR. Read requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
Permanent job = no time specific ( it already means no need for a proof for any years given it is Permanent)
Temporary job = time specific (thus requires proof of 1 year after PR issuance)

Correct me if I am wrong pls

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Permanent job = no time specific ( it already means no need for a proof for any years given it is Permanent)
Temporary job = time specific (thus requires proof of 1 year after PR issuance)

Correct me if I am wrong pls
Permanent vs temporary is not really relevant. The job letter must be recent and must state:

A job offer is valid if the job is

• working for one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • not seasonal
  • for at least 1 year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • in a NOC TEER category 0, 1, 2 or 3

Srilekha VT

Nov 21, 2023
@Mocha1989@ , I'm in the same situation as you are, I have permanent job, moved to Canada on a closed work-permit with LMIA exempt (Intra-company transfer).
Did you claim the 50 points? Did you get a new offer letter from your company?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@Mocha1989@ , I'm in the same situation as you are, I have permanent job, moved to Canada on a closed work-permit with LMIA exempt (Intra-company transfer).
How long have you worked in Canada? You need a new job offer stating you will be employed one year past PR.

Srilekha VT

Nov 21, 2023
I have worked in Canada for more than a year now, my offer letter was issued in 2021 and it states that my employment tenure is "indefinite". I also have a reference letter that states my employment tenure is "indeterminate" and that I don't have an end date.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have worked in Canada for more than a year now, my offer letter was issued in 2021 and it states that my employment tenure is "indefinite". I also have a reference letter that states my employment tenure is "indeterminate" and that I don't have an end date.
You need a new job offer letter.

Mocha1989@

Jun 30, 2023
i did not because of the employer new job offer indicating they will hire me for another year post PR was not possible for me