1 YEAR MASTER OF MANAGEMENT (MoM) @ Odette School of Business, Univ. of Windsor

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello to all friends,

Can anyone tell me about this 1 year Master of Management programme at Odette School of Business, Univ. of Windsor? This is a 1 year/ 3 semesters Master programme with majors in HR, Accounting, Supply chain management etc. This programme does NOT require GMAT nor Work ex. Just IELTS 7 and 4 years equivalent Bachelor's degree with B grade. It's an expensive course - around 32,000$ for a 1 year course + living expenses+ airfare etc.. I know, in Ontario they have this Master's pilot scheme, for direct nomination and PR for Master degree students from Ontario based universities, but still, is it worth it? Spending so much money.... Any idea, about career or chances of getting good jobs after this course? How's the reputation of Odette School of Business, Univ. of Windsor and this programme?

http://www.uwindsor.ca/internationalprograms/master-of-management-human-resources-management

Is this course, atleast better than doing PG certificate business courses in colleges? How many years PGWP, I will get after this programme?

Plz. help!

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: 1 YEAR MASTER OF MANAGEMENT (MoM) @ Odette School of Business, Univ. of Windsor

Mate, Windsor is about 4 hours away from Toronto (by road). So its a small city. They have a airport and now its international but not as what you see for YYZ (Toronto Pearson).

Odette School of Business is good for an education. I hope you understand by the word education. You asked about the job chances so it all depends in the city of Windsor. Ofcourse you can be the lucky one in finding jobs in places such has Waterloo, Kitchener, Mississauga (gosh the spellings), Maybe York? But it all depends on ur profile and the way you are brought up in terms of Job (Professional look).

MoM program is Okay but not equal to MBA just keep this in mind. MBA requires GMAT and they have a reason for it and thats IQ and Mental toughnes. In other countries Specially in Sub-continent or Asian countries Institutions plays with their student and give the " so-called " MBA qualification WITHOUT GMAT lol .. its as funny as someone trying to run a car on Water lol.. you got the car but not the fuel which is actually the major thing to run it.

So?

Why all this fuss? I still rekon you to try MBA from Odette they have some repute for their MBA program. Please dont take me wrong MoM is a good thing too but it always depends on the place. You might get something of a job in City if Windsor By doin MOM but still if you want Ontario or want to work elsewhere.. Surely Try MBA at-least people and employers will value you.

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already submitted with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
Re: 1 YEAR MASTER OF MANAGEMENT (MoM) @ Odette School of Business, Univ. of Windsor

what did you do actually mehtab?

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013

Hi there,

MOM is only for International Students. ( they call it the Chinese Program)

Did my MBA from Odette and used to be part of the Faculty Council at Odette School of Business. MBA id def WAY better than MoM.

K

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request

I also accepted offer fom mba odette ... Now waiting for visa ....

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

tomsware said:
Best of Luck brother!

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Re: 1 YEAR MASTER OF MANAGEMENT (MoM) @ Odette School of Business, Univ. of Windso

tomsware said:

Thats great !!!!

U will love the Program.... Just dont panic. Be read to work hard

Look up University rules on Plagiarism. Recently a lot of International Students have had problems with that.

Secondly polish ur researching skills ( Online/ Online Library). U will Need those.

Kam

P.S did u apply directly or through a consultant ? ANd WHats the processing time for ur Visa.
I hear they are taking 8 weeks now :)

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: 1 YEAR MASTER OF MANAGEMENT (MoM) @ Odette School of Business, Univ. of Windso

458 Bridge said:
Thats great !!!!

Look up University rules on Plagiarism. Recently a lot of International Students have had problems with that.

Secondly polish ur researching skills ( Online/ Online Library). U will Need those.

If u ever feel stuck- Do talk to Sue Skrobiak MBA - ADMIN/ADMISSIONS. She is a GEM !!!

Kam

P.S did u apply directly or through a consultant ? ANd WHats the processing time for ur Visa.
Can my dear aunty SUE help me with my admission ? hehehehe I'm taking GMAT in August will apply for MBA's for Fall 2014.

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
Re: 1 YEAR MASTER OF MANAGEMENT (MoM) @ Odette School of Business, Univ. of Wind

458 Bridge said:
Thats great !!!!

Kam

thanks brother... can i contact you at a later stage while doing mba there, provided i get the visa... you are the only one i know who had mba there.... i really appreciate your guidance...

my emails is sadiqur_jahan@yahoo.com

thanks yet again.

regards,

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013

Sure no worries...

ANd good Luck

Kamran_ac@hotmail.com

Also i have some news for you regarding the Visa if ur applying at CHC Islamabad.
The processing times are 8-12 weeks :)

Jespa

Apr 26, 2013

HI All,

Kindly let me know about the MOM at windsor. I have plans to apply for it but like to know about the quality of education and the job opportunities. I have 4 years experience in IT industry. THanks. waiting for your reply.

Regards
Jespa

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request

wJaz said:
Best of Luck brother!
Thanks

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request

Bro, mind it, this MoM is not offered by Odette business school ... Its be CECP ....

icydev

Sep 20, 2013

I have done my engineering from pune India and applying for MOM in logistics course from Windsor univ Odette school of business through a agent from CUAC.
Read a review about Master of management from this Univ, hence concerned

As u have told over here that Master of management form Windsor is not that good I a bit skeptical about joining this course. As MBA course is from is from Sept 2014 only , I want to start my masters in Jan 2014 only so would be applying for MOM(logistics) only.

can u tell me is MOM that bad or is it OK in medium category compared to mba. Also i want to do it in Logistics , what are the job prospects after completing MOM(logistics) from it. Will employers not prefer me because i have done masters and not MBA.What chance do I stand to get a job in Windsor, Toronto, Calgary, Ottawa, Vancouver. Is my MOM valid in US and Europe . can i get job there?

What I have heard is there is good demand for Logistics professionals in Canada and "US, Europe. So MOM in Logistics a worthy option or should i drop my plan for it as it will be very expensive for me because of high tuition fee. Also how is the job scenario in Canada as of now. are there many jobs available or some kind of recession with very few jobs.

Please guide me about this as u have studied there and working there, so ur the most reliable person to ask.

I will be really indebted to you for solving my queries.

Thanking you.

DevPratap

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request

Hello all ,

Can someone suggest me what should I choose GIC or general process as I can show good amount of cash in bank and also property on my name . But In GIC do I need to show money for 4 months in Canadian bank?