+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 + 1 program in Canada, PGWP

BaratoCanada

Oct 6, 2024
Does anyone here have the same status as mine?

After I finished with my 1 year diploma (last Winter 2024) then received my letter of completion around July 2024, during study break for next 1 yr program. I started working full-time (Study break). Suddenly I found a job that required me to work full-time. I plan to apply PGWP, do I have the chance to get an approval.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
started Sept Fall 2024. I would like to drop or continue if possible
So did you extend your study permit when you finished your studies? You want to drop (apply for PGWP) or continue (keep studying) if possible.

You may be eligible to apply for PGWP but need to know your status now.

BaratoCanada

Oct 6, 2024
So did you extend your study permit when you finished your studies? You want to drop (apply for PGWP) or continue (keep studying) if possible.

You may be eligible to apply for PGWP but need to know your status now.
since my program is 1+1, i received a 2 yr study permit. My study permit expire next year.

my first course started from Fall 2023 to Winter 2024 (May 24 finished). Then I started working full time since it was a summer break.
And Sept Fall 2024, class started for my 2nd course.

Now I am asking if I can still apply for PGWP (now) since I started working full time and started my 2nd course.
I got a tech job but program is they need full time at the moment.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
since my program is 1+1, i received a 2 yr study permit. My study permit expire next year.

my first course started from Fall 2023 to Winter 2024 (May 24 finished). Then I started working full time since it was a summer break.
And Sept Fall 2024, class started for my 2nd course.

Now I am asking if I can still apply for PGWP (now) since I started working full time and started my 2nd course.
I got a tech job but program is they need full time at the moment.
Your study permit expired 90 days after the first program completion even if you received a 2 year study permit. So it would have expired at the end of August. Did you notify IRCC about the change in programs and DLI to continue studying? So you are working full time and going to school? You can still apply for PGWP if your study permit is still valid.

BaratoCanada

Oct 6, 2024
Your study permit expired 90 days after the first program completion even if you received a 2 year study permit. So it would have expired at the end of August. Did you notify IRCC about the change in programs and DLI to continue studying? So you are working full time and going to school? You can still apply for PGWP if your study permit is still valid.
thank you I will try to apply.

starting Sept Fall 2024, limited to 20 per week again.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you I will try to apply.

starting Sept Fall 2024, limited to 20 per week again.
So did you notify IRCC with LOA that you were continuing with another program. If not, your study permit expired in August and you are out of status in Canada. Need to find out if study permit expired Because then you have to restore status to student, and apply for PGWP but cannot work until PGWP is approved.