+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

0213 - NOC

sweetsmiles

Jan 3, 2010
Hi,
I have applied for Canada Immigration under NOC 0213.
I have around 7 years of experience in IT industry and I have been handling various managerial tasks since last 4 years like project initiation, planning, recruitments, meeting clients etc. However, my designation is Team Lead in the current company.
I cannot go to the HR of my company and get a document printed stating my responsibilities as I do not want to reveal to the HR about my plans of immigration. So, I am thinking of attaching a self explanatory letter detailing my roles and responsibilities along with the business cards of two of my very senior colleagues who can validated my role on phone if embassy decides of verifying the same.
Do you still think that I hold a good chance of getting the immigration? Any suggestions in this direction would be really helpful.

Thanks.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can not get the reference letter, you are leaving lot on Visa officer discretion. This may lead to more background check and verification leading to delays.

I would suggest you to approach senior colleagues and explain to them about your plans and indicate that it takes about two years for you to process everything. 2 years is long time and companies may buy your plans and issue you a letter.

My personal opinion is that without the title in appointment letter and without reference letter it may be hard to convince Visa officer

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Virtually Impossible to get consodered for FSW1 without the stuffs as Ankit said.

you know what? you have an opportunity here, I believe you have v good and trustworthy relation with one or more of your senior(s). go to them, take a company pad and let them endorse your duties. seal on the pad. DONE ! cic kept this option open, they didnt say letter from HR, they said: immediate supervisor or personnel officer of the company. so ................Go ahead !

sweetsmiles

Jan 3, 2010
Thanks for suggestions!

I have been able to arrange a very general letter from my previous employer stating that I was working as a Senior Team Lead from 2004 to 2009 and have acquired object oriented knowledge to develop applications which includes analysis, design of application specifications, documentation of user requirements, development of programming using SQL, PL/SQL etc. (various technologies).

I have also prepared a self explanatory letter stating details about my roles and responsibilities that includes managerial activities because my employer has just provided a very generic letter that does not provide complete details.

Apart from this, I have also got a reference letter from a supervisor in my current company stating that I have been working as project manager from last one year and highlighting my roles and responsibilities. In addition to that I have also got business cards of two supervisor who can validate my job duties if required.

I am also sending them my appointment letter with present employer and Income Tax computation sheet.

Would this suffice?

I would also like that Embassy doesn't contact HR of my present employer. Shall we mention this explicitly.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your letter from current job is on company letter head and conveys that you do manager responsibilities as mentioned in 0213 for atleast one year you should be good.

As far as not contacting HR goes, I am not sure if that will go positively with IO/VO. Let others comment on that

rk2009

Nov 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Was Buffalo now NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
28-10-2009
Med's Request
30-11-2009
Med's Done....
22-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-1-2010
VISA ISSUED...
12-2-2010
LANDED..........
30-04-2010
Tell your company that you need the detailed information to take a loan and your bank has requested this much detail. It worked for me.

sweetsmiles

Jan 3, 2010
Thanks ankit for the quick reply,

It would be great if you can forward me roles and responsibilities listed under 0213 category. Also, could you let me know what are skills 0, 1, and 2?

Thanks in anticipation.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The first digit of the NOC code identifies the Skill Type of an occupation. 1 corresponds to Skill Level A, 2 or 3 correspond to Skill Level B

To have more information on category 0, A or B please read
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/FAQ.aspx

The 0213 R&R Please see the link below
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0213 below

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
VeryInteresting Panku, If you can tell the future , then you should know my past as well.
My Name: Chanku, Data of birth: 1st February 1982. Time: 6am in the dawn, Place: India.

Sweetmsiles: Dont do it. Dont make any hindrance for CIC to contact whomsoever they want to.
Dont point them out about whom they should contact or not. This will shed doubt on their minds about your credibility.