+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers?

dparkway

Dec 1, 2008
Hello guys,

I think the question has been asked few times already and allow me to put the question like this. PLease reply if I my understanding is correct?

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/app/quicksearch.aspx?lc=e&searchkey=0213

The above link shows the relevant duties & requirements for these positions. It also shows "classified elsewhere" section and has few titles in a different code. Does this means that "Database Analysts and Data Administrators (2172)" in 2172 are eligible to apply under 0213 category?

I have a MS in CSc in US with over 6+ years of professional exp and have Tech. Lead/DBA title but our duties include most of the manager position. Let me know if I am eligible to apply. Your open suggestions are most welcome.

Etienne

Nov 30, 2008
As I understand it, it is not so much about the title "manager" but rather about the duties. Here in London, American firms for example like to call their managerial staff (even quite low level) Vice President, whereas some British firms prefer the title Associate Director. Other firms off-course like my current firm calls it Leads, whereas my previous employer called it Manager. I hope they will not discriminate against title names, and I assume that is what the assesment in Sydney (Nova Scotia) is all about - to asses if you fall under the 0213 category.