+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

0111: Finance Manager: "Duties & Responsibilites" Query

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fede said:
Hi Rocky2727, I applied as 0111 in late March 09, using only the boxes that were available in the forms. They replied a few weeks later saying that they needed more detail (along with other mistakes that I had made in the forms). Then I sent back the corrected forms plus a separate sheet with more detail of all my past applicable work experience. Then, during mid May, they sent their Ok to go along for a full application.
Another point...I think accountants are regulated in Ontario...or in the whole of Canada actually. So, if you`re considering doing purely accounting work, you should check this. Regards.
Hi,

Thanks for the info. I have only mentioned the duties posted on this forum. Its been now 35 days. I submitted my file to CIO on 25th May 09 and it reached there on 29th May 09. I am waiting for communication from the CIO. Hope its a positive one. I am into the field of finance and my education and majors have been in finance.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fede said:
Hi Rocky2727, I applied as 0111 in late March 09, using only the boxes that were available in the forms. They replied a few weeks later saying that they needed more detail (along with other mistakes that I had made in the forms). Then I sent back the corrected forms plus a separate sheet with more detail of all my past applicable work experience. Then, during mid May, they sent their Ok to go along for a full application.
Another point...I think accountants are regulated in Ontario...or in the whole of Canada actually. So, if you`re considering doing purely accounting work, you should check this. Regards.
Fede,

If not a problem, could your share with us what all duties you wrote initially under NOC 0111. It will be helpful.

Thanks

Fede

Jun 30, 2009
BsAs
Category........
Visa Office......
BsAs
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2009
Doc's Request.
14-05-2009
AOR Received.
14-05-2009
IELTS Request
16-09-2009
File Transfer...
01-09-2009
Med's Request
16-09-2009
Med's Done....
22-12-2009
Well I don´t have the forms here with me, but basically what I did was to try to match my experience, with my wording, to the NOC details. So for example, where it says:

a) Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates.
b)Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance.

I put something like:

a)I lead the budget process throughout Latin America and it´s negoatiation and consolidation with headquarters.
b)I developed simulation models which helped senior management detect early deviations and proposed corrective measures.

Basically in this line.
Regards!

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fede said:
Well I don´t have the forms here with me, but basically what I did was to try to match my experience, with my wording, to the NOC details. So for example, where it says:

a) Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates.
b)Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance.

I put something like:

a)I lead the budget process throughout Latin America and it´s negoatiation and consolidation with headquarters.
b)I developed simulation models which helped senior management detect early deviations and proposed corrective measures.

Basically in this line.
Regards!
You mean you wrote all 4 of the above mentioned ?, Almost similar to what I wrote. Difference you elaborated it.

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
Financial Manager

Development and implementation of financial policies, accounting procedures, operating systems and long term investment policies.

Preparation and evaluation of financial statements, financial management reports and cost benefit analysis and establishment of performance and profitability standards for investment activities.

Co-ordinate and assist Chief Financial Officer in budget planning, estimates and make recommendations for changes to procedures, budgets, and financial control functions.

Perform audit of regional offices and to deal with government and internal auditors, with public and external financial analysts and advice top management regarding financial policies and to train student internees.

Fede

Jun 30, 2009
BsAs
Category........
Visa Office......
BsAs
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2009
Doc's Request.
14-05-2009
AOR Received.
14-05-2009
IELTS Request
16-09-2009
File Transfer...
01-09-2009
Med's Request
16-09-2009
Med's Done....
22-12-2009
Yes, I mean I wrote the second a) b), not the first. The first is just quoting the NOC guide, and then that´s how I adaptad it. Best thing now is just to sit back and wait to see what they say. If they ask for more detail, then yes, elaborate more rather than just short sentences.
I remember that the first time I sent my application (the one that was initially rejected), I also sent them a copy of my complete CV, which obviously they did not even look at. The second time I ellaborated more but did not re-send my CV, and it was ok.

Regards!

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fede said:
Yes, I mean I wrote the second a) b), not the first. The first is just quoting the NOC guide, and then that´s how I adaptad it. Best thing now is just to sit back and wait to see what they say. If they ask for more detail, then yes, elaborate more rather than just short sentences.
I remember that the first time I sent my application (the one that was initially rejected), I also sent them a copy of my complete CV, which obviously they did not even look at. The second time I ellaborated more but did not re-send my CV, and it was ok.

Regards!
Thanks for the response. I am waiting for email or letter from them since its been 36 days now.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
I am waiting for email or letter from them since its been 36 days now.

I think you will get the letter from them within 4 or 5 days

Good luck

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
rocky272727 said:
I am waiting for email or letter from them since its been 36 days now.

I think you will get the letter from them within 4 or 5 days

Good luck
Lets hope it is a positive email or letter. Thanks