+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

0 CRS score related to "Arranged Employment". Even with closed work permit and currently working.

Oct 1, 2024
Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with my CRS score related to "Arranged Employment." I'm currently employed by a software company in Canada, and I'm on a closed work permit. However, I'm not getting the 50 points for having a current job offer, and instead, it's showing 0. I am Colombian. Here’s the breakdown of how I answered the questions:

• Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?
    I selected No (because my work permit is LMIA-exempt).
  • Is James Rodriguez currently working in Canada?
    I selected Yes (I am currently employed).
  • Does James Rodriguez have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?
    I selected Yes (My work permit is valid).
  • Is James Rodriguez's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
    I selected Yes (My work permit is closed to this employer).
  • Has James Rodriguez been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?
    I selected No (But I have more than a year of Canadian experience, just not with the same employer).
  • NOC code of current work permit
    I entered Software Engineer - 21231.
  • Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
    I selected No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to an international agreement (I’m Colombian, and I guess that my work permit is LMIA-exempt through the International Mobility Program).
Despite meeting the conditions for a valid job offer under the LMIA-exempt criteria, I'm still not receiving the 50 points for arranged employment in my CRS score.

Is there something I’m missing, or a mistake in how I answered the questions? Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with my CRS score related to "Arranged Employment." I'm currently employed by a software company in Canada, and I'm on a closed work permit. However, I'm not getting the 50 points for having a current job offer, and instead, it's showing 0. I am Colombian. Here’s the breakdown of how I answered the questions:

• Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?
  • Is James Rodriguez's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit?
  • Has James Rodriguez been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year?
    I selected No (But I have more than a year of Canadian experience, just not with the same employer).
  • Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
    I selected No - My work permit is exempt from an LMIA due to an international agreement (I’m Colombian, and I guess that my work permit is LMIA-exempt through the International Mobility Program).
Despite meeting the conditions for a valid job offer under the LMIA-exempt criteria, I'm still not receiving the 50 points for arranged employment in my CRS score.

Is there something I’m missing, or a mistake in how I answered the questions? Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
So you are on a LMIA so answer yes. Assume you have been working for at least a year with Canadian employer in Canada to count the 50 points.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

There's no error. You haven't worked for your employer for a year so you don't qualify for the 50 points.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you very much for your answer.

I thought that I have to had 1 year in total. Not 1 year with the same employer.
You are on an LMIA-exempt work permit, yes? If so, the requirements are one year with that specific employer. So you don't qualify for the 50 points at this time.

Oct 1, 2024
You are on an LMIA-exempt work permit, yes? If so, the requirements are one year with that specific employer. So you don't qualify for the 50 points at this time.
That’s amazing! Thank you very much for your response! Do you have some resources to support this? Just want to build a case or something for the Canadian government.

Thank you so much for all your help guys. Blessings to yall

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010