+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non accompanying parent

Llei

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
I have this situation wherein i had a child from a guy whom i didnt get serious with . We didnt get married for the fact that we dont really love each other , it was like a lust and theres no strings attached . He acknowledged my child on the birth cert and thats it . In the first year , he had visited twice to our kid gave a little money and gone again. I dont know his whereabouts . For almost 5 yrs he never showed up and i never intend to find him anymore since its sockear that we were abandoned. I raised my kid on my own , been through hell to make a living , had gone a lot of struggles just to survive. After several yrs theres this foreigner who fell in love with me and vise versa and we got married after 2 yrs of relationship . My question is, on the spousal sponsorship for canada , theres this form imm5604 where the non accompanying parent need to sign for me to bring my kid to canada . I dont know the whereabouts abt my ex , and i dont have any info abt his relatives becoz ours then was not a serious one . In fact its only 3x that we did it and the baby wasnt expected . I know im not the only one who had this kind of problem .but how can i explain rhis to immigration , and in lieu of imm 5604 , is there an option for this ? Pls help .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you have legal sole custody of your child? Have you gone to court to obtain the paperwork for sole custody?

Llei

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Here in the philippines, if you are not married , automatically in our law , the custody of the kid is with the mother . I dont know if this will be respected by canadian law . Ive been a member for several years the solo parent group of the government . I was interviewed by dept of social welfare and according to them i was one of what you call ABANDONED. I received some priveleges fr the govt for being a single mother . Can i execute an affidavit of illetigimacy and abandonment and show this to the immigration ? I know i did wrong before and the kid was out of wedlock , will they give a chance to someone who had past mistakes like this ? Because honestly , if i will really try to find the guy which is quite hard , he might caused some trouble and even ask for money . Pls help .

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
I understand your story. Even though the child is still illegitimate but the birth dad acknowledged the baby, it would still be best if you could find him and have him sign the IMM 5604 and obtain also a clear copy of his identification. Have you checked on his address as shown on the child's BC?

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Llei said:
Here in the philippines, if you are not married , automatically in our law , the custody of the kid is with the mother . I dont know if this will be respected by canadian law . Ive been a member for several years the solo parent group of the government . I was interviewed by dept of social welfare and according to them i was one of what you call ABANDONED. I received some priveleges fr the govt for being a single mother . Can i execute an affidavit of illetigimacy and abandonment and show this to the immigration ? I know i did wrong before and the kid was out of wedlock , will they give a chance to someone who had past mistakes like this ? Because honestly , if i will really try to find the guy which is quite hard , he might caused some trouble and even ask for money . Pls help .
I also have an illegitimate child that was acknowledged by the birth father on his BC. At the same time, I still executed an Affidavit of Illegitimacy and Sole Parental Authority attached to the BC of my child. Luckily though, I also did my best to have the birth dad sign the IMM 5604. I sent all of these documents when we sent our App package to CPC-M.

My application, btw, is still being processed :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Llei said:
There have been other women from the Philippines who have been successful at using that Philippine law to show they have full legal custody. You may want to start trying to find the father in case IRCC pushes the issue.

Llei

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
My concern if i will try to find the birth dad , what if he doesnt cooperate ? What if he doesnt want to sign ? Will this mean , i wont be able to bring my kid to canada ? Will my sponsorship as a spouse be denied too because of this ? I love my kid so much and if he will be left alone here, id rather stay here. Pls help

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Llei said:
My concern if i will try to find the birth dad , what if he doesnt cooperate ? What if he doesnt want to sign ? Will this mean , i wont be able to bring my kid to canada ? Will my sponsorship as a spouse be denied too because of this ? I love my kid so much and if he will be left alone here, id rather stay here. Pls help
Members of this forum will sure help in giving advices but, you must help your self first and that is to be positive. Any advice that will be given out will be of no use if you will continue to have negative thoughts.

As earlier mentioned, same as what canuck said, do your best to find the father of your child. When you do find him, be civil and nice as it is important to get him sign the IMM 5604.

Gurneet_12

May 9, 2024
Hi, could you please confirm if you were able to resolve this issue without the father signing the form?