+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2024 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Aika46

Nov 21, 2023
I have a question for those who applied for OWP. How long did it take you to see the case in the CAS portal? It has been 3 weeks and we still cannot see it. However, I have a confirmation of the case being sent to IRCC by my rep. Should I link it anyhow or ask my lawyer to link it?

KetanSF

Apr 30, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I'm glad to join this forum and willing to share and update in regards to my on going Inland Spousal Application for my wife.
Submitted: 27th March 2024
AOR: 18th April 2024
Awaiting for further steps......Bio/Medical

My question: My spouse's OWP is expiring in June 2024 and she is currently working with a company. May I know, when should I apply for OWP extension so she can continue her job?

Appreciate your Insight if someone came across similar scenario :)

Thanks & Regards.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I'm glad to join this forum and willing to share and update in regards to my on going Inland Spousal Application for my wife.
Submitted: 27th March 2024
AOR: 18th April 2024
Awaiting for further steps......Bio/Medical

My question: My spouse's OWP is expiring in June 2024 and she is currently working with a company. May I know, when should I apply for OWP extension so she can continue her job?

Appreciate your Insight if someone came across similar scenario :)

Thanks & Regards.
Not sure what kind of OWP your spouse is on right now. But since your sponsorship application has reached AOR, you can apply OWP for her.
With the work permit application submitted, she will be on maintenance/implied status. And she can continue to work until the work permit application is approved.

KetanSF

Apr 30, 2024
Not sure what kind of OWP your spouse is on right now. But since your sponsorship application has reached AOR, you can apply OWP for her.
With the work permit application submitted, she will be on maintenance/implied status. And she can continue to work until the work permit application is approved.
Thanks for the feedback @YVR123 . She is on PGWP (After study here in Canada)

Apr 23, 2024
Hi, what does a biometrics request include? What makes me ask is seeing some people put "updated on the day of AOR". Is it something you can update/initiate without any request? The way they put it sounds so.

Joey-Jo

Mar 18, 2024
Hi, what does a biometrics request include? What makes me ask is seeing some people put "updated on the day of AOR". Is it something you can update/initiate without any request? The way they put it sounds so.
You go to a biometrics testing centre and they take a passport style photo of you and finger and thumb prints. Basically takes about 5-10 minutes. Some people probably have biometrics already done in the past as they last for 10 years, maybe that's why their biometrics are completed the same day as AOR, I don't know really. In my case I hadn't had biometrics done previously so they sent me a Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL). They give you a reference number for that and 30 days to get it done.

Apr 23, 2024
You go to a biometrics testing centre and they take a passport style photo of you and finger and thumb prints. Basically takes about 5-10 minutes. Some people probably have biometrics already done in the past as they last for 10 years, maybe that's why their biometrics are completed the same day as AOR, I don't know really. In my case I hadn't had biometrics done previously so they sent me a Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL). They give you a reference number for that and 30 days to get it done.
Hi, thank you for quick response! Yes, I have done it in last ten years too, but I vaguely remember seeing a sentence in guideline saying, if you have done it for visa/permit purposes, does not matter, you are going to need to do it again for PR this time. Hope I remember it wrong:D
One last question: How much the medical request cost? Is it covered under OHIP, or maybe under private health insurance?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, thank you for quick response! Yes, I have done it in last ten years too, but I vaguely remember seeing a sentence in guideline saying, if you have done it for visa/permit purposes, does not matter, you are going to need to do it again for PR this time. Hope I remember it wrong:D
One last question: How much the medical request cost? Is it covered under OHIP, or maybe under private health insurance?
Medical exams for immigration purpose is not covered by provincial health. Back then it was a few hundreds (~$300). Not sure how much it is now.

Joey-Jo

Mar 18, 2024
Mine (I'm in UK) cost £350 (British pound sterling), so it will be approximately be that in whatever country you're in (obviously converted to your country's currency). But the cost probably varies from country to country.

Skh052019

Oct 25, 2020
Hi, I have a question. I submitted my online application on April 27th and haven't receive application number yet, after submission I noticed that the police certificate I have submitted was expired. I am worried they return my file. I got a new one, How can I submit it to IRCC?

Joey-Jo

Mar 18, 2024
Hi, I have a question. I submitted my online application on April 27th and haven't receive application number yet, after submission I noticed that the police certificate I have submitted was expired. I am worried they return my file. I got a new one, How can I submit it to IRCC?
They will probably ask for it later. Also if you mean an AOR (Acknowlegment of Receipt), that can take a few to several weeks as they need to check all the forms etc you submitted were completed and correct. The AOR will go to the Sponsor, who gets their own UCI number, then the applicant gets an email at some point with their own UCI number. That's when they will notice your first police certificate has expired and will contact you about that probably, or send the application back asking you to resubmit it.

That's my take on it anyway.

With respect, people really should check expiration of documents before submitting them. It avoids unnecessary complications down the line.

Last edited:

Skh052019

Oct 25, 2020
They will probably ask for it later. Also if you mean an AOR (Acknowlegment of Receipt), that can take a few to several weeks as they need to check all the forms etc you submitted were completed and correct. The AOR will go to the Sponsor, who gets their own UCI number, then the applicant gets an email at some point with their own UCI number. That's when they will notice your first police certificate has expired and will contact you about that probably, or send the application back asking you to resubmit it.

That's my take on it anyway.

With respect, people really should check expiration of documents before submitting them. It avoids unnecessary complications down the line.
thanks for the info.so there is no way for us to submit the new police certificate before they notice the expired one and return it?

Joey-Jo

Mar 18, 2024
thanks for the info.so there is no way for us to submit the new police certificate before they notice the expired one and return it?
I'm not sure, you could always submit a webform to IRCC saying you previously accidentally provided an out of date document but have the up to date one now. I've never had to contact IRCC (yet!) about anything regarding my own application so wouldn't really know to be honest.

andersongg

May 5, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I am happy to share the progress of my sponsorship:

Applied- 4th March 2024
AOR- March 19th 2024
Biometrics: Not sure if they will ask me for that because when I came to Canada as a worker I gave them my Biometrics.
Medical Request- 29th April 2024

Reactions: Aika46
Apr 23, 2024
Hey, good morning everybody! Got two questions:
1- While filling the application, I put my partners info in the beginning as a family member and continued the whole process. When I checked my tracking profile, I also see her, the same person, my common law partner, listed as a dependent:D I have no clue how the system generated that type of duplication/error. Do you think I should concern about that, or you think they will figure the obvious and ignore the duplicate?
2- I did not apply for open work permit in the beginning, is it possible to add that to application in the middle of process?
Thank you all!