+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong field of study in my IRCC application for a study permit

Medouu

Apr 7, 2024
Hello there,
I hope that you all doing great,
I am a social sciences student (Bachelor in economics and a master in public policy). I have put in my application that my filed of study if "Sciences, general". Did I make a mistake?
I have already submitted my application to the IRCC. Will this affect negatively my application ?
Thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello there,
I hope that you all doing great,
I am a social sciences student (Bachelor in economics and a master in public policy). I have put in my application that my filed of study if "Sciences, general". Did I make a mistake?
I have already submitted my application to the IRCC. Will this affect negatively my application ?
Thanks in advance
So applying for a Masters program and study permit?

Medouu

Apr 7, 2024
I am applying for a PhD of Public Policy and I have already got the letter of acceptance and It contains my field my study. However, I have put "sciences, general" in my IRCC application for a study permit ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am applying for a PhD of Public Policy and I have already got the letter of acceptance and It contains my field my study. However, I have put "sciences, general" in my IRCC application for a study permit ?
Don’t think that is a big issue.

Medouu

Apr 7, 2024
When I think about it. I couldn't find anything that says "Social sciences" in the field of study section. That's why I have put "Sciences, general". But, when I searched it up. I have discovered that some people found the "Arts (social sciences)" category which is not the case for me. Does the study permit contains my field of study or not?