+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife Visa Denied (Pakistani National) to travel with me (current PR holder)

rehanali007

Apr 23, 2024
Application Submitted - Early January, 2024
Response Received - Late March, 2024

Hello All,

I am a Pakistani national and currently hold a Canadian PR which is about to expire in October, 2024. Two years ago, I have moved back to Pakistan and started my own business of trading grains which has been very successful. I applied a Canadian Temporary Visit Visa for my wife to celebrate our honemoon together after a year of marriage. We were not able to go before as my father was ciritically ill and I was respionsible for nursing him until his condition got better. My wife has already been to US twice and currently doesn't hold a valid US Visa at the moment as her last one expired. Despite attaching all required documents, such as Bank Statements for my business as I am her financial sponsor for this trip, income taxes for myself, business registration in Pakistan, her visa application got rejected on the basis:

1. The visa officer is not satisfied that she will leave Canada at the end of her stay.
2. The purpose of the visit is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application.

I am thinking of submitting a reconsideration request by showing more stronger ties by attaching income tax documents etc for my wife as well. I would really appreciate some advice in my situation on how I can make a stronger application if I choose to apply again.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Application Submitted - Early January, 2024
Response Received - Late March, 2024

Hello All,

I am a Pakistani national and currently hold a Canadian PR which is about to expire in October, 2024. Two years ago, I have moved back to Pakistan and started my own business of trading grains which has been very successful. I applied a Canadian Temporary Visit Visa for my wife to celebrate our honemoon together after a year of marriage. We were not able to go before as my father was ciritically ill and I was respionsible for nursing him until his condition got better. My wife has already been to US twice and currently doesn't hold a valid US Visa at the moment as her last one expired. Despite attaching all required documents, such as Bank Statements for my business as I am her financial sponsor for this trip, income taxes for myself, business registration in Pakistan, her visa application got rejected on the basis:

1. The visa officer is not satisfied that she will leave Canada at the end of her stay.
2. The purpose of the visit is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application.

I am thinking of submitting a reconsideration request by showing more stronger ties by attaching income tax documents etc for my wife as well. I would really appreciate some advice in my situation on how I can make a stronger application if I choose to apply again.
Is she really just visiting Canada? Strong ties to return are family (spouse), job (letter with approved leave), income property etc. Your income taxes and business registration are not relevant to her application. Reconsideration is if there is an error in law, not to submit new documents. How do income tax documents prove that she will return?

I don’t think she is coming for a visit. IRCC suspects that you plan to apply for inland sponsorship for her when you should be returning to Canada and applying to sponsor her.