+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When get PR,do i need to apply CCB again?

lucky3000

Sep 15, 2023
Hi,everyone,thanks for your help,if you have some experience just like me,can you help me?
I applied for CCB at 18 months after coming to Canada, but in February 2022, due to the expiration of my work permit, the CCB was terminated.
When I got PR this year,i applied for a new SIN and applied new CRA account with the new SIN, I submitted my eCOPR through the portal in CRA account and asked for CCB. After some days, i received several letters regarding CCB, GST, and CAI, asked for my global income before i coming to Canada to assess the amount of benefits I should receive. (I don’t know if these letters are in response to my application for CCB.)I consulted my accountant, and she suggested that I reply them with some letters to give the information they asked.
so I replied, but until today It has been more than 2.5 months,there is nothing news .
1.Is my application method wrong? Especially for CCB, I have submitted RC66 RC66SCH and CTB9 for my first application .all the information they want to know i have already gave them when i applied the CCB in 2021.
2.Do I need to reapply and submit RC66, RC66SCH,CTB9 onec again after becoming a PR? If so, why did the CRA write to me? Wouldn't it be simpler for them to just tell me to submit these files?
3.What should I do next? Just waiting?i don't like to call the CRA, because my English is not good enough.
4.when you get your PR and creat a new CRA account with a new SIN,did you received these letters just like me
Please note: We file taxes every year when we should file it.

Last edited: