+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's next?

tearsofjen

Mar 24, 2024
I got my LOA and PAL. What's the next step? I started collecting documents and writing SOP, how much do I have to show as my proof of funds? If I will stay at my grandparent's house near my college, do I have to state their house ownership? My uncle will also sponsor all of my school related fees. Even if I'm the only applicant and he have 3 children with him in Canada and his wife, do we need to show his wife's bank statement as POF? Is it okay to have many sponsors?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got my LOA and PAL. What's the next step? I started collecting documents and writing SOP, how much do I have to show as my proof of funds? If I will stay at my grandparent's house near my college, do I have to state their house ownership? My uncle will also sponsor all of my school related fees. Even if I'm the only applicant and he have 3 children with him in Canada and his wife, do we need to show his wife's bank statement as POF? Is it okay to have many sponsors?
You have to show $21k in cash in the bank and tuition for one year. So if tuition is $15k then $36k minimum. Staying at grandparents house is fine but still need to show the fund. Don’t need to show ownership. So an uncle/aunt are not considered immediate nor extended family so IRCC doesn’t have to consider their funds. You can include them but if refused for funds that is the reason. If they are supporting your studies they want to meet LICO for their family plus your studies. So they will want to show around $95k in the bank with statements over the past 4 months. They have 3 kids so need to support their family too.

tearsofjen

Mar 24, 2024
Should I pass affidavit of support since my uncle will most likely pay my expenses and support me while studying? Is it okay even though I don't have any money in my bank acc since I just graduated last year? Thank you so much.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Should I pass affidavit of support since my uncle will most likely pay my expenses and support me while studying? Is it okay even though I don't have any money in my bank acc since I just graduated last year? Thank you so much.
Your uncle has to show bank statements for past 4 months of at least around $37k just for you.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
What did you graduate? High School or bachelor degree

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm 23 years old. I graduated last year.
You need to show some of your own funds. Your uncle would have to show a lot of money to support you and his family. He can pay your first year tuition now and show 4 months of bank statements with the rest of the funds. You also need to show how you will pay your second year.