+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what is the best solution in my special case?

trinityB

Oct 15, 2009
Dear Sir,

I am a Canadian, and have applied the sponsorship for my mother's immigration to Canada in Nov. of 2007. I have not received the file number from immigration office yet. I heard it took about 34 months to get file being started to process. I expect to receive the case number by the end of 2010 .

The problem is: I will have to leave Canada and seetle down in US by the end of the next March. In order to keep the sponsorship application valid is big problem now.

My brother is living and working in Canada now. He has applied PR as well, and been told he will receive his PR card either by the end of this year or the early of the next year.

I wish my mother will eventually move to Canada with PR status. My question:
1.) What is the best solution in my case? Is it possible to have some co-sponsor with my brother once he received his PR card?

2.) If this co-sponsor is possible, how to proceed and what should we do? I want to avoid restarting all application process again from the scrach, when my brother is able to be a sponsor,
Do you know how we could add my waiting time upon to my brother's application once after I have to cancel my sponsorship in the future?

Many Many thanks:))))

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

trinityB said:
Dear Sir,

I am a Canadian, and have applied the sponsorship for my mother's immigration to Canada in Nov. of 2007. I have not received the file number from immigration office yet. I heard it took about 34 months to get file being started to process. I expect to receive the case number by the end of 2010 .

The problem is: I will have to leave Canada and seetle down in US by the end of the next March. In order to keep the sponsorship application valid is big problem now.

My brother is living and working in Canada now. He has applied PR as well, and been told he will receive his PR card either by the end of this year or the early of the next year.

I wish my mother will eventually move to Canada with PR status. My question:
1.) What is the best solution in my case? Is it possible to have some co-sponsor with my brother once he received his PR card?

2.) If this co-sponsor is possible, how to proceed and what should we do? I want to avoid restarting all application process again from the scrach, when my brother is able to be a sponsor,
Do you know how we could add my waiting time upon to my brother's application once after I have to cancel my sponsorship in the future?

Many Many thanks:))))
1. You have a choice, you either remain in Canada for the sponsorship process, or your brother starts it again after he is a PR and meets the LICO.

PMM