+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Rejection.

abusakir

May 1, 2024
I have applied for a tourist Visa for Canada from UAE for myself family (Wife and 2 kids) to travel this summer. The first it was rejected by stating the following reasons.

• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.”

I have US B1/B2 Visa and travel history to US, UK, other European countries and Asian countries. Also, in my first visa application I do not have any introduction letter or travel itinerary which was not a mandatory document. (I have gone by the book and provided only what's necessary :). So, it's kind of my fault.

Therefore, second time I was very careful and attached all relevant data including family ties and detailed travel itinerary along with flight and hotel booking from local travel agent. I have my brother-in-law in Canada (wife's brother) and her wife is expecting a baby soon, however visiting them part of the travel was not included in the itinerary as it was not primary objective. However, the second time also, the visa was rejected with 3 days of time which was quite surprising as my first visa application took more than month. The reason for rejection was following.

"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.”

As you can see the comment has reduced to one compared the first rejection.

However, with the above reason I am bit confused what to do to get the visa as we have gone ahead with the plan very much. I do not attach any travel insurance with the application. So can anyone advise what I can do further in this regard and if I reapply what measures should i take to avoid rejection. does any of or all of the following can help?

1. Attaching A travel insurance for me and family.
2. Revising the itinerary to include family visit as well site seeing. this will be a change from my previous purpose of visit and does this will have a negative impact. what visa option should I chose if I select this.
3. I have indicated CAD 3000 as personnel expense per person indent to spend as a part of Canada visit. should I mention more or provide detailed breakdown how much I am indenting to spend. This is the amount i have directly indicated in the online application. Does this expenditure shall include flight and travel booking as well only the normal expense for food and travel in CAD.
4. The bank account was having almost 15000 CAD in my account and same in my wife's account. Also, i have attached my salary certificates and salary slip which shows consistent income. The income was not indicated a rejection reason for any of my rejection. SO I assume that this will be enough. some consultant stated that i should at least show 15K to 16K CAD per person which seems to be huge amount and not necessarily needed for tourism visa. any though on this?
5. I have attached residence Visa for my family which is expiring in July 2024 exactly in the month when I am planning to visit. The visa is Renewed every 2 year and is renewed normally one month before. Should i renew the visa in advance to show more validity or can i mention in the cover letter that the visa renewed every 2 years and will be renewed one month advance before travel.
6. I am Indian national, and my family ties are only my parents and siblings back home. as it is not mentioned anything about family ties in the second rejection, should i do any further action on this.
7. If I apply again, can they come back with more rejection reason which they have provided second time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Order GCMS notes to find out reasons before reapplying. Purpose of your visit….this reason is a general reason and can mean many things (ties, funds etc.) so you need notes. They can always mention new reasons for refusal. How long was visit.
1. Family ties: If spouse and children coming with you so you don’t have family ties. Parents and siblings are not ties.
2. Your travel history is only relevant to you.
3. Ties to return: what did you show for spouse and children given you are not citizens of UAE. Always more difficult to get TRV if not living in country of citizenship. You need a renewed visa. No point if resident visa expires in July. This may be a reason for refusal.
4. Funds: include all expenses like airfare.

abusakir

May 1, 2024
Yes, I am planning to apply for GCEMS note. I found a website https://gcms-notes.ca/ and applied through them. Hope it's a credible agency. The duration of visit was 10 days. I also had my sisters in UAE but don't know attaching their ID in Dubai will be helpful.
1. Noted. I have provided them with my tenancy contract for apartment and other things such as utility bill, car registration copies etc. as a proof as permanent resident.
2. Noted. However, my wife also travel history to European countries and few Asian countries. The visa copies were attached with the submission.
3. I have provided them with letter from my and wife's firm clearly indicating salary, approved vacation days, and expected date of return to UAE. Also copy of fee receipt was also attached for kids. Next time I may try attach a letter from school stating that we have provided our intention to continue in the school.
4. Noted I will try to provide breakdown.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, I am planning to apply for GCEMS note. I found a website https://gcms-notes.ca/ and applied through them. Hope it's a credible agency. I also had my sisters in UAE but don't know attaching their ID in Dubai will be helpful.
1. Noted. I have provided them with my tenancy contract for apartment and other things such as utility bill, car registration copies etc. as a proof as permanent resident.
2. Noted. However, my wife also travel history to European countries and few Asian countries. The visa copies were attached with the submission.
3. I have provided them with letter from my and wife's firm clearly indicating salary, approved vacation days, and expected date of return to UAE. Also copy of fee receipt was also attached for kids. Next time I may try attach a letter from school stating that we have provided our intention to continue in the school.
I think one reason for refusal is that your permit expires in June. Once you have an updated permit, then reapply.
2. Travel history is to the US, UK, NZ or AUS.
3. Good idea about school letter.

jaspreet91

May 11, 2020
Yes, I am planning to apply for GCEMS note. I found a website https://gcms-notes.ca/ and applied through them. Hope it's a credible agency. The duration of visit was 10 days. I also had my sisters in UAE but don't know attaching their ID in Dubai will be helpful.
This is fraud site; see this post https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-confirmation-portal-timelines.734183/post-10808050