+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa on behalf of my niece to bring her to Canada

Evlety

Apr 9, 2024
Hi,
I would like to know if I can submit the visa application on behalf of my niece to bring her to visit me in canada?.
-Also I would appreciate if somebody can tell if the form IMM5476 (Use of a Representative), has to be signed by her mom because she is a minor
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I would like to know if I can submit the visa application on behalf of my niece to bring her to visit me in canada?.
-Also I would appreciate if somebody can tell if the form IMM5476 (Use of a Representative), has to be signed by her mom because she is a minor
Thank you
How old is niece? You can be the representative with parent signing off. Her parents will be including their bank statements to show that they can afford to have her visit Canada. Their funds should be enough to support themselves as well as pay for a visit. She will show ties to return (school registration etc.) as well as travel history.

Evlety

Apr 9, 2024
How old is niece? You can be the representative with parent signing off. Her parents will be including their bank statements to show that they can afford to have her visit Canada. Their funds should be enough to support themselves as well as pay for a visit. She will show ties to return (school registration etc.) as well as travel history.
Thank you for your reply.
She is 16 years old, and I will be paying for everything, including plane tickets. Her parents are not travelling with her , but I have their permission letter.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your reply.
She is 16 years old, and I will be paying for everything, including plane tickets. Her parents are not travelling with her , but I have their permission letter.
Her parents will still need to include bank statements as you are not considered an immediate nor extended family member.