+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa from Netherlands

sahana.visa

Jan 16, 2024
HI,
I have applied for a visitor visa from Netherlands. I submitted my application in July and Biometrics in August. I have not received any feedback or updates on my application.

Has anyone else submitted their visa from the Netherlands? and if so, does any one know the processing times of already submitted applications?
Any suggestions to expedite the review of my application or other information is appreciated.
Thank you

kind regards,
Sahana

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
HI,
I have applied for a visitor visa from Netherlands. I submitted my application in July and Biometrics in August. I have not received any feedback or updates on my application.

Has anyone else submitted their visa from the Netherlands? and if so, does any one know the processing times of already submitted applications?
Any suggestions to expedite the review of my application or other information is appreciated.
Thank you

kind regards,
Sahana
You can check processing times online. Currently for the Netherlands it is about 518 days so you have some time until you will get any update.

sahana.visa

Jan 16, 2024
When i submitted the application, it was mentioned 300 days. and now on the website it mentions 500 days. which processing times will apply for my application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
When i submitted the application, it was mentioned 300 days. and now on the website it mentions 500 days. which processing times will apply for my application?
As of today. Even if it was 300 days, you still would not be getting any movement on your file until around May.

Dan_KZ

Feb 7, 2024
Hi, I also applied on January 20 and submitted biometrics on January 23.
I was confident that I will get the visa by June when I need to attend business conference in Canada. Right now after researching the issue seems like many applicants frm Netherlands may get the decision after 12 months!! so became not optimistic now that will be able to go to Canada in June and that sucks.....

Dan_KZ

Feb 7, 2024
Agency provided feedback that visas to Canada right now takes minimum 9 months to 1 year. Is there anybody who got earlier? I just want to know is there any cases when people got their visas earlier or I even should not hope for it?

Dan_KZ

Feb 7, 2024
As of today. Even if it was 300 days, you still would not be getting any movement on your file until around May.
Do you think applying on paper from another country may somehow work out better? I don't understand why it should take 9 months just to start looking at my application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you think applying on paper from another country may somehow work out better? I don't understand why it should take 9 months just to start looking at my application
So what country are you going to go to and stay for a certain period of time. If applying from that country, you will need to show ties to return there. What is your country of citizenship? Does it have a shorter processing time.

Dan_KZ

Feb 7, 2024
So what country are you going to go to and stay for a certain period of time. If applying from that country, you will need to show ties to return there. What is your country of citizenship? Does it have a shorter processing time.
I hold Kazakhstan citizenship and yes, according to IRCC website it has 2 times less shorter time than from Netherlands, but even so won't make it for my business sessions in Canada. I just seeing on internet for some applicants from other countries get their visas in less than a month so thought could be worth to try new application where IRCC office processing is faster

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I hold Kazakhstan citizenship and yes, according to IRCC website it has 2 times less shorter time than from Netherlands, but even so won't make it for my business sessions in Canada. I just seeing on internet for some applicants from other countries get their visas in less than a month so thought could be worth to try new application where IRCC office processing is faster
You can try but the issue will be showing ties to return to that country with residence or work permit. IRCC will know you are trying to get faster processing.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Are you related to Borat Sagdiyev?

Dan_KZ

Feb 7, 2024
Guys, finally today I received letter from IRCC on passport submission. Overall it took me 1 month. So very good news since I expected it much longer due to internet feedback and review.

Good luck to everybody!

Reactions: Naturgrl