+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for thai father of baby to be born in canada

momtobe

Feb 2, 2007
Hi,
I'm a Canadian woman living with my Thai boyfriend and we're 3 months pregnant. I want to go home to have the baby but we have many problems for getting him a visa to come with me. First of all, he hasnt had a steady employer to sign for him (he left his job to come live with me in Bangkok). He hasnt had a bank account for 3 months (we just made one for him, along with his passport...he gets paid cash every week). His mother is very poor, living in a small village and has no bank account, and his father is a monk, so they cant help. He does have an uncle with a small business who might be willing to help, but does that count? My family and I are willing to take care of all expenses while he is with me.
The other issue is, my mother is very sick and i want to go home in about 2 months, which means we might want to stay for more than 6 months until baby is old enough to travel back to Thailand.
We do plan on living in Thailand, for real! We just want to visit for long enough to spend time with my mother, and have the baby with the support of my family before i come back to work in Thailand.
Anyone have any advice?
frustrated mom to be!

Egyman

Star Member
Feb 7, 2007
v. easily you can come to Canada and send invitation letter for your friend to join you. Even international students and temporary workers in Canada can invite their relatives to Canada.