+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Spouse

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I am a temporary resident in Canada with a work permit, I have recently got married and like to bring my spouse to Canada as a visitor or work permit. From my company, they are suggesting to apply open work permit, after 5 months, the reason I was told is that immediate application after marriage has a high chance of rejection.

My main intent is to bring her here either with visitor visa or work permit, so I am thinking of applying visitor visa on my own. Kindly suggest to me if this is the right approach or anything I could do better. Thanks.
Apply for SOWP. She is not a visitor as you plan for her to stay long term. For a TRV, she needs to show ties to return (job letter with approved leave, income property etc.), funds, travel history. She can apply for TRV but chances of approval are low.

Mandeep 411

Sep 17, 2023
Hello my husband withdrawal family sponsorship Canada without consulting with me. His family said he cannot help for three years of undertaking sponsorship thing. Now they are forcing me to divorce. What can I do? Can I go on visitor visa to talk to my husband? Or there are any other thing which can help me so. I really want to go canada but circumstances are not in my favour.