+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa after Spousal Sponsership AOR - Financial Proof

mohhef

Mar 10, 2024
Hello,

My wife is applying for the visitor visa and we already applied for the spousal and got the AOR.

Few questions:

1. Is showing my (the husband) current proof of employment and bank statement good for financial proof ? I will take care of all my wife's financial needs

2. Whats the best way to proof that my wife will temporary stay in Canada? she studies Master's in Egypt

skizzle

Feb 17, 2024
My wife is also in university, I requested she get a letter from university saying she’s enrolled in which program and her expected graduation date/term end date etc

that will show she has something important to come back to

brisssss

Mar 13, 2024
Hi i applied for spousal sponsorship and i have received the AOR and sponsor eligibility approval for myself. i applied for visitor visa for my wife using the new IRCC portal and see below for my timeline in the new ircc portal:
Documents submitted by myself for my wife's visitor visa
1.Proof of funds

Canada bank statements,
Notice of assessments
Employment letter
Letter written by me that i will financially support my wife for 1 month trip
2. Invitation letter
3. AOR for spousal sponsorship
4. Proof of relationship

Marriage certificate
Life insurance naming wife as the beneficiary

Documents submitted by my wife
Written letter explaining the following
Purpose of visit ( Visiting the husband in Canada for duration of 1 month)
Travel history (My wife had never travelled before so we just explained in the letter)
Ties to home country ( my wife submitted her bank statements , also her employer doesn't provide employment letter so we wrote a detailed explanation of why no proof of employment was provided.)
Ties to home country ( My wife's mother wrote a letter explaining that my wife will return after her trip is done.)
Travel itineary ( we didnt book or reserve ticket but however we explained our itineary in a letter)
Ties to Canada( we explained in the letter that my wife had no ties to canada with the exception of husband, however all her family,friends,employment are all outside canada.
Proof of identity/Passport
Police report
Birth Certificate

If anyone need my assistance in completing the application, please reach out. also i realized there were so many documents i should have added but i didnt. so it depends on case by case scenario. However remember when you apply after AOR for spousal sponsorship, use the new ircc portal for faster processing

This was our timeline
Submitted application: Jan 29 2024
AOR: Received same time, no need for biometric as biometric had been completed for spousal sponsorship
Eligibility completed on tracker: Feb 05 2024
Background check in process
Feb 14 2023: Original passport Request and BVL received
Online tracker was updated: 8 years visa was received.
Visa has been approved for 8 year visa on passport.
In all it took two weeks.

Reactions: Mazcar

mohhef

Mar 10, 2024
Many people from Egypt are being rejected .. some of us reached to mps and they said we need to pass eligibility of sponsorship application first as principal applicants, which comes in the last stages of the process, so basically no trv for us :/
What is mps ?