+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
Go on the IRCC website to apply for a TRV. You need to show funds to travel, travel history, ties to return and valid reasons to travel.

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

I have a question. I applied via GC key in October and no update from UK. What happens if I reapply using the portal. Will the old application be just withdrawn because I heard the portal is very quick? My first reason was to visit a friend but now I have a conference I want to attend. Can I just reapply with new portal?

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
I have a question. I applied via GC key in October and no update from UK. What happens if I reapply using the portal. Will the old application be just withdrawn because I heard the portal is very quick? My first reason was to visit a friend but now I have a conference I want to attend. Can I just reapply with new portal?
New portal is same as gckey. Waiting from last 4 months. ( UK )

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023
New portal is same as gckey. Waiting from last 4 months. ( UK )
Has your eligibility been started? Can everyone waiting for an application from UK office start a petition or write to IRCC? Like if we make a petition and all sign it then perhaps they’ll look into UK applications.

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
Has your eligibility been started? Can everyone waiting for an application from UK office start a petition or write to IRCC? Like if we make a petition and all sign it then perhaps they’ll look into UK applications.
Background check started. Eligibility not at all.
Not hoping for any miracle either until mid Jan 2024.

Better to stick with your gckey file.( highly advisable) who knows they will again put your file in a raw so better to stick with your old file. Even my entire dates and plans are ruined but just stick with your file.

One of my friend who got approval after 6 months he faced the same situation. His actual plan to visit Canada in May 2023 but he got approval in July 2023 although dates were passed but still got approval. IRCC don't care about our dates. ( File from UK itself)

Kumza

Star Member
Nov 28, 2023

Better to stick with your gckey file.( highly advisable) who knows they will again put your file in a raw so better to stick with your old file. Even my entire dates and plans are ruined but just stick with your file.

One of my friend who got approval after 6 months he faced the same situation. His actual plan to visit Canada in May 2023 but he got approval in July 2023 although dates were passed but still got approval. IRCC don't care about our dates. ( File from UK itself)

So he applied in January 2023?