+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Diana96

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Those are two common refusals so yes, generic. How long was visit? Single? How much in cash did you show? Did you show ties to return (job, property, business, investments, pension, children under 22)?
I showed everything you listed. The applicant had a child (9yr old) wife & older parents backhome. Had property in his name. Showed about $16,000 in fixed deposit savings, tax returns, sponsor showed about $14,000. Visit was planned for 2 weeks, we attached vacation approval from the job too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I showed everything you listed. The applicant had a child (9yr old) wife & older parents backhome. Had property in his name. Showed about $16,000 in fixed deposit savings, tax returns, sponsor showed about $14,000. Visit was planned for 2 weeks, we attached vacation approval from the job too.
Who is the sponsor? Spouse? If not spouse, then those funds are not relevant for a married person with a child. Is $16k all the savings and how much is cash? That is not a lot of savings for a person who is married with kid. Using most of savings to come to Canada. Need to show more savings in cash without depleting bank accounts. What was reason for visit? Has person tried to immigrate?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Application submitted: Sept 28
Biometrics: Oct 06
Decision: Oct 16
Applied via Visitor Visa Portal
Did eligibility status change during the process?

Diana96

Star Member
May 5, 2018
Who is the sponsor? Spouse? If not spouse, then those funds are not relevant for a married person with a child. Is $16k all the savings and how much is cash? That is not a lot of savings for a person who is married with kid. Using most of savings to come to Canada. Need to show more savings in cash without depleting bank accounts. What was reason for visit? Has person tried to immigrate?
Sponser is the childhood friend. Reason was to visit the friend, its been 8 years. We attached childhood photos and current phone call summaries too. The sponser was hosting the guest at his own place.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sponser is the childhood friend. Reason was to visit the friend, its been 8 years. We attached childhood photos and current phone call summaries too. The sponser was hosting the guest at his own place.
Order GCMS notes.

So those funds are not relevant. Friend can say visiting but the applicant will finance own trip. So funds may be too low as applicant has a wife and child too who must access the money. $14k is all the savings and is in cash, not fixed deposits? If not all in cash then needs to increase funds to show that he is not using all savings to come to Canada.

brownn

Feb 10, 2020
My application status shows an updated date of Oct 16 in the tracker for visitor visa.. the date that has been showing September 4. Did anyone else get any correspondence shortly after this date was updated?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi Guys,

I have applied for spouse TRV on September 29. (Sponsorship app submitted on September 26)
After biometrics on October 04,there is no update at all.

I called IRCC centre ,an agent mentioned that our file in in New Delhi VO. Tracker got an update: "We received an enquiry on October 17"

My question is : Will they reject the application based on the dates mentioned for travel in the application : October 21 to October 29,2023 .As my wife is resuming job from November 1st .My wife employer mentioned the dates for leave in the letter so we used the same for application as well.
By the time an officer touches my file ,the dates of travel will be elapsed.

Should I withdraw or continue with my application ? Please suggest

Last edited:

VK777

May 7, 2019
Hello all, need your guidance on visitor visa rejections for my MIL (Thrice) and for my FIL (twice).

First application (old portal in 2022):
purpose of visit is to spend time with their granddaughter (newborn). Showed proof of funds from India in their name and documents showing that father in law owns a business (registration+bank operations+current contracts etc)
Rejection reason: POV not consistent with short stay, Insufficient funds, not satisfied will leave at end of stay.

Second application (Just for MIL-New portal-2023):
POV: spend time with sons family and granddaughter, proof of funds are from us
Rejection reasons: POV not consistent with short stay, not satisfied will leave at end of stay

Third application (FIL and MIL-New Portal-2023):
Pov: spend time with sons family, visit canada and explore its attractions.
Other proofs:
Business proofs and fixed assets for FIL, fixed assets for MIL, explanation letter from their end AND our end assuring that they would leave at end of stay AND ONWARD+RETURN flight tickets.
Rejection reason:
Pov not consistent with short stay, not convinced will leave at end of stay.

We are at our wits end! We have been honest all through our application, therefore mentioned 3 months as the duration of visit. No idea why the Rejection even with flight tickets!!!

The flight tickets are nonrefundable with onward date as March 1st :( what are our chances if we apply for supervisa? Don't want another Rejection and ruin their chances in the long run.

Their family ties with india include another son (adult) and their elderly siblings (all 55+).

Ps: Ordered GCMS notes for first 2 applications and no details in there except officer writing the same thing (rejections) that he/she not convinced. No mention of WHY.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all, need your guidance on visitor visa rejections for my MIL (Thrice) and for my FIL (twice).

First application (old portal in 2022):
purpose of visit is to spend time with their granddaughter (newborn). Showed proof of funds from India in their name and documents showing that father in law owns a business (registration+bank operations+current contracts etc)
Rejection reason: POV not consistent with short stay, Insufficient funds, not satisfied will leave at end of stay.

Second application (Just for MIL-New portal-2023):
POV: spend time with sons family and granddaughter, proof of funds are from us
Rejection reasons: POV not consistent with short stay, not satisfied will leave at end of stay

Third application (FIL and MIL-New Portal-2023):
Pov: spend time with sons family, visit canada and explore its attractions.

Other proofs:
Business proofs and fixed assets for FIL, fixed assets for MIL, explanation letter from their end AND our end assuring that they would leave at end of stay AND ONWARD+RETURN flight tickets.
Rejection reason:
Pov not consistent with short stay, not convinced will leave at end of stay.

We are at our wits end! We have been honest all through our application, therefore mentioned 3 months as the duration of visit. No idea why the Rejection even with flight tickets!!!

The flight tickets are nonrefundable with onward date as March 1st :( what are our chances if we apply for supervisa? Don't want another Rejection and ruin their chances in the long run.

Ps: Ordered GCMS notes for first 2 applications and no details in there except officer writing the same thing (rejections) that he/she not convinced. No mention of WHY.
Have you ordered GCMC notes for refusals? If not, apply. They have applied too many times in a short period. They should wait now at least 6 months because IRCC will view another application as desperate to come to Canada.

Visit Length: Why do they keep applying for a 3 month visit? That is way too long and shows no reason to return.
Funds: What is POF in cash, not fixed assets or business?
Ties to return: What did they both show as ties to return? If reason is business for FIL, how can he come for 3 months? What is MIL‘s reason?

Are you eligible for a super-visa? They will need to pass medicals and still address reasons for refusal.

VK777

May 7, 2019
Have you ordered GCMC notes for refusals? If not, apply. They have applied too many times in a short period. They should wait now at least 6 months because IRCC will view another application as desperate to come to Canada.

Visit Length: Why do they keep applying for a 3 month visit? That is way too long and shows no reason to return.
Funds: What is POF in cash, not fixed assets or business?
Ties to return: What did they both show as ties to return? If reason is business for FIL, how can he come for 3 months? What is MIL‘s reason?

Are you eligible for a super-visa? They will need to pass medicals and still address reasons for refusal.
Ordered for first 2 refusals. No specific reason mentioned in gcms. Applied in the same year as the need is real and personal (to help with taking care of the baby).

Visit length: 3 month visit for MIL but only 1 month for FIL.

POF: this was a concern only for 1st application. After providing my husband's tax returns and employment letter, this reason was removed thereafter.

Ties to return: FIL's: Business with over 20 employees and that he needs to be there for its day to day operations hence his stay is only for a month.

MIL: she's a housewife with active interests in the community, second son, and to care for her elderly mother (75+) who stays at the same address as her.

Yes eligible for supervisa..but wanted to check before we apply (and get rejected?!).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ordered for first 2 refusals. No specific reason mentioned in gcms. Applied in the same year as the need is real and personal (to help with taking care of the baby).

Visit length: 3 month visit for MIL but only 1 month for FIL.

POF: this was a concern only for 1st application. After providing my husband's tax returns and employment letter, this reason was removed thereafter.

Ties to return: FIL's: Business with over 20 employees and that he needs to be there for its day to day operations hence his stay is only for a month.

MIL: she's a housewife with active interests in the community, second son, and to care for her elderly mother (75+) who stays at the same address as her.

Yes eligible for supervisa..but wanted to check before we apply (and get rejected?!).
Did you say help with baby? That is a red flag for IRCC & considered work. Your MIL is coming for too long with no family ties (children under 22) & no job.