+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using the new IRCC portal, do I have to make separate application for my wife and child?

Jeff Uriarte

Apr 19, 2024
Hello all.
I filed an study permit application using the new IRCC portal. Since my wife and son will accompany me, I gave their details and answered *yes* to the questions if they are accompanying me. My wife will NOT apply for open work permit.

Do I have to make separate application for them? I did tried, but got stuck in his part that it asks about the details of the person inviting her. The questionnaire seems to be assuming that I am already in Canada.

Thanks.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello all.
I filed an study permit application using the new IRCC portal. Since my wife and son will accompany me, I gave their details and answered *yes* to the questions if they are accompanying me. My wife will NOT apply for open work permit.

Do I have to make separate application for them? I did tried, but got stuck in his part that it asks about the details of the person inviting her. The questionnaire seems to be assuming that I am already in Canada.

Thanks.
How would your wife and son be accompanying you without a work/study permit?
Your wife could try to apply for a visitor visa but she can only stay for a 6 months at a time. Extension to stay after could be approved or refused.
If your son is of school age, he will need study permit. I can't help with the specific form/online pages tho.