+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT INQUIRY! Refused for not having a medical exam despite upfront IME

FirassKJ

Jan 12, 2023
Hi guys!!!

So cutting to the chase,

I have had my upfront medical exam on May 28th
Application on May 30th
I was requested to do a medical exam on June 18th (we resubmitted the initial upfront medical exam through the portal as well as through the webform and received acknowledgement of receipt)
On August 23th, I was refused for not doing the medical exam

I am very very frustrated and stressed. My lawyer suggested we contact them through the webform and explain that we have already done it.
I contacted the clinic, they said "Why did you do it upfront, why the rush? You should have waited. You were refused because your upfront has a different IME number other than the request letter IME number.. so re-do it."

I don't think what she is saying is right!!! It is so common and is preferred in Canada to do upfront medical exam and everyone is doing it.

So what do you think guys? did I do something wrong here by doing it upfront? Can I do something else regarding this situation? I heard you can ask the clinic to link the upfront with the new IME number, perhaps this might help?

Thanks! :(

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi guys!!!

So cutting to the chase,

I have had my upfront medical exam on May 28th
Application on May 30th
I was requested to do a medical exam on June 18th (we resubmitted the initial upfront medical exam through the portal as well as through the webform and received acknowledgement of receipt)
On August 23th, I was refused for not doing the medical exam

I am very very frustrated and stressed. My lawyer suggested we contact them through the webform and explain that we have already done it.
I contacted the clinic, they said "Why did you do it upfront, why the rush? You should have waited. You were refused because your upfront has a different IME number other than the request letter IME number.. so re-do it."

I don't think what she is saying is right!!! It is so common and is preferred in Canada to do upfront medical exam and everyone is doing it.

So what do you think guys? did I do something wrong here by doing it upfront? Can I do something else regarding this situation? I heard you can ask the clinic to link the upfront with the new IME number, perhaps this might help?

Thanks! :(
The clinic is incorrect. Upfront medical is accepted, and sometimes even required (i.e. SDS study permit application), by IRCC. Is this clinic an authorized immigration clinic by IRCC?

gEddL

Sep 6, 2023
Hi, FirassKJ. Did you end up contacting IRCC about your medical being completed and that the IME is different from what they gave you?

I'm in the same boat. Got a refusal today:

• You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(2) of the IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for completion of a medical examination

Apr 20, 2024
Hi I have same refusal reason I had upfront medical first and the requested medical exam was late, May I know what did you do with yours after the refusal?
Did you apply again and pay again as same as the start?

gEddL

Sep 6, 2023
Hi I have same refusal reason I had upfront medical first and the requested medical exam was late, May I know what did you do with yours after the refusal?
Did you apply again and pay again as same as the start?
I got refused but then the next day I got an approval letter. I don't know if it just took some time to link my completed upfront medical to my application but I was one of the lucky ones that got refused then approved shortly after.

I did send them a web form message the same day I got refused. In that message I again provided the upfront medical IME. I don't know if that helped them find the right IME.

My daughter also sent an email to her local MP. They replied right away asking for more info but my application already got approved without their help.

Try those 2 things I mentioned if you haven't gotten approved yet. It's worth a shot.