+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unauthorized work after graduation and before applying for PGWP

mejja

Mar 7, 2022
Hey guys.. My PGWP was approved for 3 years..
I applied on 23rd November 2019 and got it on 19th Feb 2020..
I worked unauthorized from September to November thinking that my CO-OP visa is enough.. I felt so miserable for the past few months..
Now I can breathe..
Good luck to everyone who are waiting for theirs..
Hi, I'm in a similar boat: I worked from May - August and my Co-op was approved by the school. I extended my job offer from end of August till November, but did not register with the school - and worked full time.
Would this affect my pgwp ?

Thanks

mangoflow

Nov 18, 2021
Hey guys, happy news! I got my PGWP.
I submitted PGWP application on November 15, got the approval March 15.

Thank you so much for the advice and encouragement, it helped a lot during the anxious months of endless waiting.

To everyone else caught in the waiting loop, have hope. You'll be okay!

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021

Thank you so much for the advice and encouragement, it helped a lot during the anxious months of endless waiting.

congratulations which visa office, its quiet fast

GooseBB

May 10, 2023

Congratulations!!! I also have an unauthorized work... I wrote an LOE, but I'm confused by the "unauthorized work" question on the pgwp application. Did you tick "yes" to this question? Thank you!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: akeebatra

aka_lola

Dec 13, 2021
Hello,
I received my final grades on May 1 but I'm waiting from my university to get my official graduation letter.
I have a valid study permit status. In the meantime I'm working full-time.
I'm planning to apply for PGWP as soon as I get the graduation letter.
Would my working full-time affect my PGWP application?

akeebatra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Congratulations!!! I also have an unauthorized work... I wrote an LOE, but I'm confused by the "unauthorized work" question on the pgwp application. Did you tick "yes" to this question? Thank you!!!
Same situation. Would highly appreciate if you help us

akeebatra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
@GooseBB Hey what did you select on for this question?
I am in similar situation. Would highly appreciate if you could help

akeebatra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
I answered "yes" to the question. and i wrote a letter of explanation for the question. I think you also need to write one, just be honest..
Thank you so much for replying. There is small box in the immigration form right below the question, did you write it there or in a separate file

chig_muo

Apr 11, 2017
Nigeria
Hi All, please I want to inquire if this situation can be classified as unauthorized working:
I have finished my first program received letter of completion and transcript in April 2023. Second program is suppose to start by September 2023 and I already have work permit extension till July 2024 (previous study permit was suppose to end by July 2021)
Now, I am have working full time since May 2023 till date and now want to apply for PGWP instead of continuing with the second program.
My question is , am I eligible to apply for PGWP irrespective that IRCC you can only work after you applied for PGWP?
But also noting that they said you can only work if you starting a new program within 150 days of the end of thr last program.
Can I write a letter of explanation while applying for the PGWP to explain why I donor want to go for the second program and why I am applying for PGWP ?

I am seriously stressed out, and just trying to get clarification before apply for the pgwp.

Xknox

Jul 22, 2023
I got my completion letter on feb 11 and i applied for PGWP on march 11. I worked full time between those times unknowingly. I got my correspondence letter on July 22 and still have not got any update after. I am so worried. Should i write a letter of Explanation now.

intwos24

Oct 6, 2023
Yes, i did receive it. I sent a 1 page LOE via webform describing the whole timeline and that i fully understand that I violated the rule and acknowledge it.
Hey could you tell me whether you worked and were employed on maintained status after violating and acknowledging the situation? Some advisor at school mentioned that after the violation students can't take advantage of the maintained status and have to wait till they receive the permit in hand.

intwos24

Oct 6, 2023
Yes, my pgwp has been approved and I’m in the process of waiting for my PR now. As long as you come straight forward with your mistake and write an LOE, the chance are they will overlook this mistake. As for myself and others this is a very common mistake and as long as you are honest you should be alright. I haven’t seen anyone who got rejected as of yet when they wrote this on their LOE.

I did see people getting rejected because they tried to flag-poling and ended up getting caught about working unauthorized without intention.
Hi, when you declared unauthorized work on your PGWP application, did you receive the IMM 0127-E afterwards stating you are allowed to work during processing? Or did you wait for your PGWP to be given to you?

intwos24

Oct 6, 2023
Yes, i did receive it. I sent a 1 page LOE via webform describing the whole timeline and that i fully understand that I violated the rule and acknowledge it.
Hi, when you declared unauthorized work on your PGWP application, did you receive the IMM 0127-E afterwards stating you are allowed to work during processing? Or did you wait for your PGWP to be given to you?