+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV vs Sponsoring

tigris30

Dec 14, 2007
Hi Everyone.

I am happy that I came across this site. There's a lot of helpful information here. I've been reading the posts and found answers to some of my questions, but I would like to ask a few more please. I will try to keep it as short as possible.

I am a Canadian citizen. I traveled to Jordan and married a man there. I am now back in Canada and he is still in Jordan. Our intention is that we will eventually reside in Canada permanently, but for the next several months (up to a year, not sure), we would like to live in Jordan. I want to attend language, cultural, and religious courses that are available there at a fraction of the cost. After I complete these courses, I think we will then apply for sponsorship. Before I start the process for sponsorship, I wanted to try for a visit visa first. I am aware that our chance of getting a TRV granted is slim to none because they think he will not return to his country, and applying for sponsorship is the best way to go when it involves a spouse, but I would like my family to meet my husband as soon as possible to ease their minds about me moving to a foreign country with a man they have never met. It is not possible that my family can travel to Jordan. I met with an immigration consultant and he advised me to sponsor my husband. I told him I am unemployed and do not own a home or have other assets. He said it is not impossible, but it will be a lengthy process. My main concern is, I would like my husband and family to meet before I go to Jordan, otherwise they will be too worried about me. So, my q's are:

1 - Is it worth applying for a TRV?

2 - Will it be a good enough reason to request a TRV on the basis that I will be moving out of the country for an amount of time, and I would first like my family to meet and feel assured of my husband?

3 - On the invitation letter I will send to my husband, should I include my mother's information (employment salary, length of employment, signature) as a second inviter since I am unemployed?

4 - If they deny the TRV because they think my husband will not return to Jordan, what can prove that him and I will go to Jordan together at the end of his stay in Canada (eg, my courses registrations)?

Well, I'm stumped and don't know what steps to take. I would greatly appreciate any one's advice about my situation. Also, feel free to ask me any questions which may be relevant.

Thanks in advance.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
1. Hard to say. You have a very small chance of success, but it's not very expensive to apply.

2. No. Your husband will have to convince immigration that he doesn't intend to stay. A verbal commitment of your intent to go to Jordan wouldn't add much to the argument that your husband doesn't intend to stay in Canada.

3. Yes.

4. Provide everything you have that would lead them to believe your husband is returning. So if your husband owns any land in Jordan, has a good job, and/or has other commitments that would cause him to return to Jordan, those will help.