+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application and invitation letter : need advice

Duval

Jul 11, 2007
Hi !

I just need some advices that could help handling the TRV application of my girlfriend.

Here's the situation :

- My girlfriend is from Colombia and she is 21 years old
- She is currently working legally in USA and she has a temporary visa there, since the first week of June
- She wish to come visit me in Canada (Quebec) at the end of august
- She just want to spend one week here to be with me and visit Quebec
- She definitly has to come back to USA after that week for her job
- She has to come back to Colombia at the end of october to continue her studies at the university
- She has enough funds to support her stay in USA and her ticket back to Colombia already has been bought
- Her bank account probably isn't high enough to convice the immigration officers that she can afford the trip

Allright, from what I read here, that would be a bad idea to voluntarly say to them that we are in a relationship, but we need to tell the truth if they ask, as far as I understood. Since we are not sure that she has enough in her bank account, I guess the best thing to do is an invitation letter. Our plan is that I go with my car and get her in USA and drive her to Quebec. My home is just 8 hours driving from where whe lives right now so it's not a big deal. I could say in the letter that she will stay at my home for that week and that I could help her with financial issues if there is any.

My quest for information is more about how to present that letter of invitation. I don't want to ruin her application with a badly done letter, but I fear that they might refuse her for financial reasons if they don't know that I will take care of her transportation and housing. By the way, I have read the guide on the CIC website, and also the informations to include in a letter of invitation. I just wonder how that letter should look like, and if anyone has an example, please let me know.

We are planning to go to the consulate in New York really soon so she can apply for the TRV right away. They say on the CIC website that it's better to contact the consulate before sending an application, but they also say on the New York consulate website that they don't answer the phone... that is quite confusing.

If someone can give me some advice about what we should bring in extra to support her application, and also how to present my invitation letter to suits best her situation... that would be very nice !

Sorry for the long post and thank you.