+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling after receiving AOR.

kavianiket

Jul 1, 2015
Hello Friends,

Just a quick questions. We received our ITA on 6th may, medicals done on 19th. We will be uploading all the required documents by next week. We are planning to travel to India for a month one we receive an AOR. Is it safe to leave Canada in this situation?

Seniors, Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
kavianiket said:
Hello Friends,

Just a quick questions. We received our ITA on 6th may, medicals done on 19th. We will be uploading all the required documents by next week. We are planning to travel to India for a month one we receive an AOR. Is it safe to leave Canada in this situation?

You are free to travel as you wish while your application is being processed.

Just keep in mind that you always have to go through the same process as any other visitor when you rturn to Canada later on before PPR. For example, if you do t have a valid TRV to return, you would need one.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kavianiket said:
Hello Friends,

Yes, no problem. Your application does not prevent you from travelling.

Obviously, make sure that your current visa allows you to return to Canada, but that is independent of your PR application.

kavianiket

Jul 1, 2015
One more question guys

I'm the principal applicant in our EE process and my husband has an closed work permit with a company which laid him off last month , but still his work permit is valid till next June. Is it safe for him to travel with me to India?

He was thinking of getting a visitor visa any idea if it is worth taking a risk. Have some family emergency so he has to go to India but can he come back with me. Please advise!!!!

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
hi

iam applying from india, i got AOR in april, meanwhile can i go to anyother country on a holiday.....is it fine or do i need to intimate cic.

cheers,
Rrk.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianrrk said:
hi

iam applying from india, i got AOR in april, meanwhile can i go to anyother country on a holiday.....is it fine or do i need to intimate cic.

cheers,
Rrk.
Mate, have you read this thread at all? Your question is already answered above.

No matter where you are based, you can travel abroad and you don't have to inform CIC about it.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
Dexmoody said:
Mate, have you read this thread at all? Your question is already answered above.
i did but it was about travel between home country and canada....my travel includes a different country so i got this doubt.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianrrk said:
hi

cheers,
Rrk.
If just holiday and short stayed so you don't need to notify IRCC, but if you want to stay long term, I would suggest inform them for change of address by send CSE.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianrrk said:
i did but it was about travel between home country and canada....my travel includes a different country so i got this doubt.
It doesn't matter where you are based. You can travel overseas and you don't have to tell CIC.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
Dexmoody said:
It doesn't matter where you are based. You can travel overseas and you don't have to tell CIC.
Thanq.

canadianrrk

Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-april-2016
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2017
Meya06 said:
If just holiday and short stayed so you don't need to notify IRCC, but if you want to stay long term, I would suggest inform them for change of address by send CSE.
Thank you very much sir..............+1.

kavianiket

Jul 1, 2015
kavianiket said:
Please someone reply on below

I'm the principal applicant in our EE process and my husband has an closed work permit with a company which laid him off last month , but still his work permit is valid till next June. Is it safe for him to travel with me to India?

He was thinking of getting a visitor visa any idea if it is worth taking a risk. Have some family emergency so he has to go to India but can he come back with me. Please advise!!!!

provence

Aug 13, 2016
Dexmoody said:
Hello, sir. Can I ask a question about this? I just wonder if there is a CIC website that said it is not necessary to notify CIC? Because if the CIC official see the passport in the future, and there will be two more travelling stamps on the passport. And it will be different from the travelling history that are provided in the EE application.

So maybe that will cause confusion and unnecessary complication? So maybe just use the Case Specific Inquiry to let CIC know about the oversea travelling?

Thanks a lot.

provence

Aug 13, 2016
dan_and said:
It is not needed. I have done this myself without any problems whatsoever.

You won't find anything on CIC's website about this, because naturally they don't list things that they don't require.
Hello Sir, thank you very much for replying. Can I have one more question regarding on the change of address. I think if I change my address (still inland address in the same city and province), I do have to notify CIC, is it correct? I will move in about one month, but I already know the future address now. And it seems that it usually take some time for the CIC to update the address in the system. Maybe I should raise the CSE right now so that the address will be updated sooner?

Thanks a lot.