+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling to the US with H-4 visa while having H-4 EAD (but no intention to do work)

ThePRguy

Feb 12, 2023
My wife has a H-4 EAD from before we moved to Canada. She doesn't work in the US, she works in Canada for a Canadian company. We need to go to the US to attend a family event. Does it matter if she has a H-4 EAD ? I am a H-1B holder and we are planning to drive through detroit-windsor tunnel.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My wife has a H-4 EAD from before we moved to Canada. She doesn't work in the US, she works in Canada for a Canadian company. We need to go to the US to attend a family event. Does it matter if she has a H-4 EAD ? I am a H-1B holder and we are planning to drive through detroit-windsor tunnel.
Ask on a US immigration forum if she will be allowed to enter.

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018

H4 Visa is not a correct VISA category for attending a family event and she will need B1/B2 VISA. Its another thing if you tell agent that you are moving back to the USA.

Reactions: canuck78