+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thoughts on Letter of Invitation for my Mother [Feedback / Opinion / Canada Visitor Visa]

nikh!l

Apr 29, 2024
I have written this after referring to a few sample letters. Can I get some thoughts/feedback from experts here? Is there anything that I am missing? Any advice would be highly appreciated.

My status- PR

Pasting parts that talk about Purpose of travel, Itinerary, Ties back home, Finance.

-------
The purpose of [Visitor's Name]'s visit is to spend quality family time with me and my wife. Despite regular visits to India, [he/she] has not yet experienced Canada, and I believe it is essential for [him/her] to witness the beauty of this country at least once. I also wish to show [him/her] where I live and the opportunities this country has provided me. Additionally, I plan to give [him/her] a tour of my university, which has significantly contributed to my personal and professional growth.

We intend for [Visitor's Name] to visit during the summer season, from June 1, 2024, to June 30, 2024. During [his/her] stay, we plan to explore various attractions in Ontario, including Algonquin Park, Niagara Falls, Thousand Islands cruise, Blue Mountain, and Downtown Toronto. Flight tickets will be booked once [his/her] visa application is approved, and [he/she] will reside with us at our home at the mentioned address.

I undertake to cover all expenses related to [his/her] visit, including food, travel bookings, visa fees, travel insurance, and other related costs. Attached to the application are our income documents and bank statements to support this commitment.

I confirm that [Visitor's Name] will return at the end of [his/her] visit due to several reasons. Firstly, [he/she] resides with [his/her] [relationship] and [his/her] family, sharing a strong bond with [his/her] granddaughter. Additionally, as a joint owner of two commercial properties in India, one of which is rented out, [his/her] presence is necessary for the annual renewal of rental agreements. Moreover, [he/she] is deeply connected with [his/her] mother and siblings back home and values their companionship. Lastly, given [his/her] limited proficiency in English, [he/she] may not feel entirely comfortable staying in an English-speaking country for an extended period and will likely prefer to return to [his/her] familiar environment. [He/She] is a social person who enjoys Indian culture. Nevertheless, we take it as our responsibility to ensure [his/her] timely return.

-----------

TIA

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have written this after referring to a few sample letters. Can I get some thoughts/feedback from experts here? Is there anything that I am missing? Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Pasting parts that talk about Purpose of travel, Itinerary, Ties back home, Finance.

-------
The purpose of [Visitor's Name]'s visit is to spend quality family time with me and my wife. Despite regular visits to India, [he/she] has not yet experienced Canada, and I believe it is essential for [him/her] to witness the beauty of this country at least once. I also wish to show [him/her] where I live and the opportunities this country has provided me. Additionally, I plan to give [him/her] a tour of my university, which has significantly contributed to my personal and professional growth.

We intend for [Visitor's Name] to visit during the summer season, from June 1, 2024, to June 30, 2024. During [his/her] stay, we plan to explore various attractions in Ontario, including Algonquin Park, Niagara Falls, Thousand Islands cruise, Blue Mountain, and Downtown Toronto. Flight tickets will be booked once [his/her] visa application is approved, and [he/she] will reside with us at our home at the mentioned address.

I undertake to cover all expenses related to [his/her] visit, including food, travel bookings, visa fees, travel insurance, and other related costs. Attached to the application are our income documents and bank statements to support this commitment.

I confirm that [Visitor's Name] will return at the end of [his/her] visit due to several reasons. Firstly, [he/she] resides with [his/her] [relationship] and [his/her] family, sharing a strong bond with [his/her] granddaughter. Additionally, as a joint owner of two commercial properties in India, one of which is rented out, [his/her] presence is necessary for the annual renewal of rental agreements. Moreover, [he/she] is deeply connected with [his/her] mother and siblings back home and values their companionship. Lastly, given [his/her] limited proficiency in English, [he/she] may not feel entirely comfortable staying in an English-speaking country for an extended period and will likely prefer to return to [his/her] familiar environment. [He/She] is a social person who enjoys Indian culture. Nevertheless, we take it as our responsibility to ensure [his/her] timely return.

-----------

TIA
Is this a form letter with his/her. Who is coming? How much in funds is she showing? What is your status? Tied to return are not her grand-daughter, mother and siblings. Saying she doesn’t speak English is not relevant.

nikh!l

Apr 29, 2024
Okay this is Letter of Invitation for my mother’s Visitors Visa application. I have added placeholders to avoid personal info.

nikh!l

Apr 29, 2024
I was not able to edit my original post hence pasting here. Heres the full letter, can I get some feedback on this?
I feel like the ties section might be lil weak and would need some changes. My mother is a single / dependent and lives with my younger brother and hence I do not have any such strong stuff to imply strong ties back home. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
@canuck78 @scylla @Bryanna @PMM @Naturgrl and others :)

LETTER OF INVITATION​

Date:​

To,
The Visa Officer
Consulate General of Canada

Subject: Letter of Invitation for Visitor Visa Application – XX

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, Nikhil xx, am writing this letter to invite my mother, xx, to Canada for a tourist visit. Please find the necessary details about her below:

Name: xx
Date of Birth: [Date of Birth]
Passport Number: [Passport Number]

My mother resides in India at the address xx, India. As her son, I confirm our relationship, which is supported by documents provided towards the end of the letter.

I am an Indian citizen currently residing in Ottawa, Ontario, with my wife, xx. We are both Permanent Residents of Canada. I am employed as a Software Engineer at xx Inc., earning an annual salary of $1xx,000, as evidenced by the attached recent salary stubs.

The purpose of my mother's visit is to spend quality family time with me and my wife. Despite regular visits to India, my mother has not yet experienced Canada, and I believe it is essential for her to witness the beauty of this country at least once. I also wish to show her where I live and the opportunities this country has provided me. Additionally, I plan to give her a tour of my university, which has significantly contributed to my personal and professional growth.

We intend for my mother to visit during the summer season, from June 1, 2024, to June 30, 2024. During her stay, we plan to explore various attractions in Ontario, including Algonquin Park, Niagara Falls, Thousand Islands cruise, Blue Mountain, and Downtown Toronto. Flight tickets will be booked once her visa application is approved, and she will reside with us at our home at the mentioned address.

I undertake to cover all expenses related to her visit, including food, travel bookings, visa fees, travel insurance, and other related costs. Attached to the application are our income documents and bank statements to support this commitment.

I confirm that my mother will return at the end of her visit due to several reasons. Firstly, she resides with my brother and his family, sharing a strong bond with her granddaughter. Additionally, as a joint owner of two commercial properties in India, one of which is rented out, her presence is necessary for the annual renewal of rental agreements, which are dated on <date>. Moreover, she is deeply connected with her mother and siblings back home and values their companionship. She is a social person who enjoys Indian culture. Nevertheless, we take it as our responsibility to ensure her timely return.

We respectfully request you to grant her a tourist visa to facilitate our family reunion and ensure a memorable visit to Canada. Please feel free to contact us if you require any further information.

Thank you for considering our application.

Sincerely,

xx

[Attachments]

Last edited:

nikh!l

Apr 29, 2024
Is this a form letter with his/her. Who is coming? How much in funds is she showing? What is your status? Tied to return are not her grand-daughter, mother and siblings. Saying she doesn’t speak English is not relevant.

Hey, I have pasted the full letter below.

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
I was not able to edit my original post hence pasting here. Heres the full letter, can I get some feedback on this?
I feel like the ties section might be lil weak and would need some changes. My mother is a single / dependent and lives with my younger brother and hence I do not have any such strong stuff to imply strong ties back home. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
@canuck78 @scylla @Bryanna @PMM @Naturgrl and others :)

LETTER OF INVITATION​

Date:​

To,
The Visa Officer
Consulate General of Canada

Subject: Letter of Invitation for Visitor Visa Application – XX

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, Nikhil xx, am writing this letter to invite my mother, xx, to Canada for a tourist visit. Please find the necessary details about her below:

Name: xx
Date of Birth: [Date of Birth]
Passport Number: [Passport Number]

My mother resides in India at the address xx, India. As her son, I confirm our relationship, which is supported by documents provided towards the end of the letter.

I am an Indian citizen currently residing in Ottawa, Ontario, with my wife, xx. We are both Permanent Residents of Canada. I am employed as a Software Engineer at xx Inc., earning an annual salary of $1xx,000, as evidenced by the attached recent salary stubs.

The purpose of my mother's visit is to spend quality family time with me and my wife. Despite regular visits to India, my mother has not yet experienced Canada, and I believe it is essential for her to witness the beauty of this country at least once. I also wish to show her where I live and the opportunities this country has provided me. Additionally, I plan to give her a tour of my university, which has significantly contributed to my personal and professional growth.

We intend for my mother to visit during the summer season, from June 1, 2024, to June 30, 2024. During her stay, we plan to explore various attractions in Ontario, including Algonquin Park, Niagara Falls, Thousand Islands cruise, Blue Mountain, and Downtown Toronto. Flight tickets will be booked once her visa application is approved, and she will reside with us at our home at the mentioned address.

I undertake to cover all expenses related to her visit, including food, travel bookings, visa fees, travel insurance, and other related costs. Attached to the application are our income documents and bank statements to support this commitment.

I confirm that my mother will return at the end of her visit due to several reasons. Firstly, she resides with my brother and his family, sharing a strong bond with her granddaughter. Additionally, as a joint owner of two commercial properties in India, one of which is rented out, her presence is necessary for the annual renewal of rental agreements, which are dated on <date>. Moreover, she is deeply connected with her mother and siblings back home and values their companionship. She is a social person who enjoys Indian culture. Nevertheless, we take it as our responsibility to ensure her timely return.

We respectfully request you to grant her a tourist visa to facilitate our family reunion and ensure a memorable visit to Canada. Please feel free to contact us if you require any further information.

Thank you for considering our application.

Sincerely,

xx

[Attachments]
I do not think for parents you need this level of explanation that why they will return and why they should visit you. I have applied for my parents and spouse's parent and the applications were approved. The undertaking you and your wife are giving are important in my opinion. Also make sure both of you sign it.
If you have mentioned the tourism will be in Ontario then that suffices. And seriously with the visa they can travel anywhere in Canada.

Plus are you saying rentals cannot be renewed remotely? Why are you going in so much detail that she would return..over explanation. I would be suspicious.

Also add proof of ownership of those properties. That shows some ties.

Not saying my invite letter is the only way to write it. So do take few more opinions for what they may be worth.

nikh!l

Apr 29, 2024
I do not think for parents you need this level of explanation that why they will return and why they should visit you. I have applied for my parents and spouse's parent and the applications were approved. The undertaking you and your wife are giving are important in my opinion. Also make sure both of you sign it.
If you have mentioned the tourism will be in Ontario then that suffices. And seriously with the visa they can travel anywhere in Canada.

Plus are you saying rentals cannot be renewed remotely? Why are you going in so much detail that she would return..over explanation. I would be suspicious.

Also add proof of ownership of those properties. That shows some ties.

Not saying my invite letter is the only way to write it. So do take few more opinions for what they may be worth.
Really appreciate your response on this. I will update my letter accordingly.