+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit with free of charge school

VERNALN

May 5, 2024
Anyone who has a child between 18 and 21 years old having a study permit and about to expire? Can they still continue their studies in a free of charge school like under TDSB? What will i put in their IMM5709 form under expenses if they are free and and under funds available?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Anyone who has a child between 18 and 21 years old having a study permit and about to expire? Can they still continue their studies in a free of charge school like under TDSB? What will i put in their IMM5709 form under expenses if they are free and and under funds available?
If the children has graduated high school, post secondary education is not free.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They are adults and not minors so should be showing funds. When are they graduating high school?

VERNALN

May 5, 2024
They are adults and not minors so should be showing funds. When are they graduating high school?
They will be graduating next year in gtade 12 because they have more subjects to take and credits to complete to get OSSD. Thay can not take more than 3 subjects per quad.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They will be graduating next year in gtade 12 because they have more subjects to take and credits to complete to get OSSD. Thay can not take more than 3 subjects per quad.
Show as much funds as you can because they are no longer minors, and should not be eligible for free tuition.

Last edited: