+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit - need help

alireza667

Aug 21, 2007
I am currently enrolled at York University and have a valid authorization till 30th September 2007 but came back to Pakistan for an internship i have sent in my passport for an extension and received a medical letter but over the phone was told id have to go for an interview to prove my sole purpose in canada is to study i wonder why because they already have all my transcripts from my previous education at YORK and a valid acceptance letter so in my opinion all i need is a TRV to go back and i can extend my visa from there but does gettin a medical done mean i no longer have to go for an interview and what should my next choice of action be?

Thanks, came thru this forum browsing online thought id discuss my case

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

alireza667 said:
I am currently enrolled at York University and have a valid authorization till 30th September 2007 but came back to Pakistan for an internship i have sent in my passport for an extension and received a medical letter but over the phone was told id have to go for an interview to prove my sole purpose in canada is to study i wonder why because they already have all my transcripts from my previous education at YORK and a valid acceptance letter so in my opinion all i need is a TRV to go back and i can extend my visa from there but does gettin a medical done mean i no longer have to go for an interview and what should my next choice of action be?

Thanks, came thru this forum browsing online thought id discuss my case
1. If you have been back in Pakistan for 6 months, then you require the medical.
2. It would appear that you are not going to get a TRV unless you go to the interview.

PMM

alireza667

Aug 21, 2007
thanks for the reply boss question being ... i got my MEDICAL SLIP thru the courier service but wasnt given a date for the interview? does that mean they changed their mind and i dont require an interview anymore?

alireza667

Aug 21, 2007
My study Permit was refused after i went for an interview on the 3rd of September, The reason is availablity of the same courses in Pakistan and the sole purpose not being educatioin in Canada. I would have never went to Canada to study if i had known these visas were this complicated.

Back in 2002 due to expiration of my visa and not being able to restore status due to lack of help from university advisors i already suffered enough came back to Pakistan re-applied for a new Study Permit got one for 6 months extended it from within Canada. Now i have a valid Study Permit but they wont issue a TRV so i could join back school:S

Any suggestions as to how i should make an appeal to my case? Since ive tried in local universities but i wont get enough credits transferred and id have to go thru a 4 yr programme all over again:S

alireza667

Aug 21, 2007
just went thru an extra few other refusals of the nature i faced on this forum..

academic history = if i did my OAC's from within Canada obviously i went with a planning to finish my high school from Canada which would lead me onto a University degree from within Canada.. As when i left for Canada back in 2000 OAC's took lesser time to complete compared to A levels which were then available in Pakistan. And i guess part of it was lookin for the easy way out ..but due to a misguidance and lack of knowledge on my part as to how a status can be restored my case faultered but i guess CIC was kind enough to understand my situation and grant me a new lifeline after which i completed all the obligations so i guess my academic historys entirely based in Canada and it makes complete sense for me to go back and finish my education in Canada. As for my employment history i have to takeover my dads business for which i already assist him be it over the phone whilst in Canada or in person when required in Pakistan which shows my concrete intention to finish my degree and join him back.

alireza667

Aug 21, 2007
Hi Pmm thanks for your help earlier ive sent in a new application for a Study Permit after the refusal and got a call and an email from CIC informing me of the situation . Though It just came to my mind that the last time i was interviewed i was told to submit landing papers of relatives in Canada but i didnt after advice with the relatives as theyre citizens now. Do you think those documents play a very significant role? and if theyre citizens how do i provide landing papers as they arent really landed immigrants anymore?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

alireza667 said:
Hi Pmm thanks for your help earlier ive sent in a new application for a Study Permit after the refusal and got a call and an email from CIC informing me of the situation . Though It just came to my mind that the last time i was interviewed i was told to submit landing papers of relatives in Canada but i didnt after advice with the relatives as theyre citizens now. Do you think those documents play a very significant role? and if theyre citizens how do i provide landing papers as they arent really landed immigrants anymore?

Thanks
Copies of their citizenship certificates.

PMM