+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension

Mr. Finch

Mar 1, 2024
Hello, I'm an international college student and my visa expires this month on 31st, but because I extended my school, my school ends around mid-late April including final exams and grades. So I just need an extension of about 1 month or so. Now, I will be applying for a study permit extension nowadays but after I graduate I want to apply for PGWP too but I will be on maintained status if I don't get my study permit by March 31st, and I can't work once I graduate or/and if I apply for PGWP under maintained status with no valid study permit.

And If I apply for study permit extension and pgwp at a time but my study permit extension is refused afterwards. Would it affect my pgwp application?

What can I do in this situation?

Jackson0987

Mar 30, 2024
Hello I am in the same situation, i applied for 90 days
My study permit expires on April 30th
My program ends in April 19th
I applied for study permit extension on March 19th
My biometrics been added to the profile on March 24th
No updates after that.
Can you please share your timeline too if you have applied

Mr. Finch

Mar 1, 2024
Yes I applied for extension requesting about 3 months on March 18. I already have valid biometrics so I didn't have to do it again. Still waiting, no updates yet
Hello I am in the same situation, i applied for 90 days
My study permit expires on April 30th
My program ends in April 19th
I applied for study permit extension on March 19th
My biometrics been added to the profile on March 24th
No updates after that.
Can you please share your timeline too if you have applied

Mr. Finch

Mar 1, 2024
Can you please keep me updated I am so tensed and stressed because of this.when you get an update please reply.
Thanks
Hey, I just received a correspondence letter saying my biometrics are valid yesterday. My application is going thru final decision now. Many people say they received their approvals the next day or few days after they received the bvl. So, I'm hoping I will get my extension soon. Any news on your side?

Mr. Finch

Mar 1, 2024
I am also hoping to get a update by next week.
Hey! I just saw my study permit extension has been approved today! I haven't received email but when I checked on the system, I saw it! You should check too and I hope yours gets approved as well!

Jackson0987

Mar 30, 2024
I don't have any updates
It just saying
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
My biometrics was added on to the profile on March 24th.
After that no update I am so tensed and stressed out.
I found 3 people who have applied through that week, the first guy got his approval within 20 days and remaining 2 including flinch got within 19 days.
But they all go some update in between I don't know why I didn't got any.

I am not sure whether I did something wrong.
Please pray for me.