+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension for minor inside canada

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Ya we applied ourselves and uploaded all the required documents(below).
1)child new passport
2) Child existing visa document
3)Letter of acceptance from her school
4)Primary applicants visa copy
5)Primary applicants pay stubs, bank statements
6)IRCC form(mentioned on the site)
Do you see anything missing here? I really appreciate all your responses to my query..
This year we applied for SP extension 6 month before expiry, it was processed in 7 weeks. IMO there is no reason not to put the extension application in now once you have the passport renewed.

lakshmi1619

May 18, 2023
This year we applied for SP extension 6 month before expiry, it was processed in 7 weeks. IMO there is no reason not to put the extension application in now once you have the passport renewed.
Ok,good to hear that it just took 7 weeks.Do you see whatever documents list we have uploaded is suffice or missing anything?thx

ajay.parmar87

Apr 18, 2024
Hello All,
I am in a similar situation now here in 2024. My 4.5 year old son holding USA passport and his study permit is expiring in October 2024, so wanted to apply for SP Extension. I have created his GCKey login, going through the questioner and the result says "not eligible to immigrate to Canada"
1st round of questioner is personal information, 2 question is "Do you have a provincial attestation letter ? (NO) , 3rd is "Do you qualify for an exception?" (NO) - that's all.

I am holding IND Passport, Open work permit valid till Sep 2026. Daughter 7 year old going to school study permit valid till Sep 2026.

Request someone to guide me here, how can I apply for my son's Minor study permit extension ?
Thanks!!

lakshmi1619

May 18, 2023
Hello All,
I am in a similar situation now here in 2024. My 4.5 year old son holding USA passport and his study permit is expiring in October 2024, so wanted to apply for SP Extension. I have created his GCKey login, going through the questioner and the result says "not eligible to immigrate to Canada"
1st round of questioner is personal information, 2 question is "Do you have a provincial attestation letter ? (NO) , 3rd is "Do you qualify for an exception?" (NO) - that's all.

I am holding IND Passport, Open work permit valid till Sep 2026. Daughter 7 year old going to school study permit valid till Sep 2026.

Request someone to guide me here, how can I apply for my son's Minor study permit extension ?
Thanks!!
I just followed this Video when I submitted for my child’s SP extension..https://youtu.be/gC0cblZ4bm4?feature=shared

ajay.parmar87

Apr 18, 2024
I just followed this Video when I submitted for my child’s SP extension..https://youtu.be/gC0cblZ4bm4?feature=shared
Hello Lakshmi,
Thanks for your response. I have already gone through this video but the situation is different for me. Questioners available now are different then video. I think that is due to recent changes in Study permit rules. Can you please look in to it again.

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Hello Lakshmi,
Thanks for your response. I have already gone through this video but the situation is different for me. Questioners available now are different then video. I think that is due to recent changes in Study permit rules. Can you please look into it again?
I applied for an extension for my daughter's study permit in July 2023. Everything went smoothly without any trouble with her own GC account. Maybe you have some problems answering the questions correctly.