+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDENT VISA SPONSOR

alxbrtlm

Apr 7, 2024
Hello, I would like to ask. My step father which is a canadian citizen will sponsor me on my studies and all the living expenses as well. Do I still need to provide my own bank statement?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I would like to ask. My step father which is a canadian citizen will sponsor me on my studies and all the living expenses as well. Do I still need to provide my own bank statement?
How old are you? Are his statements enough to support your studies, him, spouse and any children under 22?

alxbrtlm

Apr 7, 2024
Yes, he is more than capable to support my studies and it will just be me. I will be staying in his house during my whole studies. I am 24 years old.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, he is more than capable to support my studies and it will just be me. I will be staying in his house during my whole studies. I am 24 years old.
So you are not a dependant (under 22) so should need to show your bank statements as well. IRCC may or may not consider his funds. He can pay first year tuition. Include your statements but make sure that his personal bank statements have well over $21k as he is not the student so not all his funds can be spent on your studies.

alxbrtlm

Apr 7, 2024
The thing is I dont have savings on my bank account since I am still a student. But there are transactions on it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The thing is I dont have savings on my bank account since I am still a student. But there are transactions on it.
Show what you have as you are not a minor nor dependant. Are you studying in Canada now? What program do you have acceptance too.

You have to justify the costs of the program with career/education progression when you return to home country. So you are showing that you will have higher pay then you do now with better job opportunities.

alxbrtlm

Apr 7, 2024
I am not, I am currently in the Philippines and will be lodging my application mid April. I'm going over all the documents I have before I send it to IRCC. I am enrolled under Bachelor of Arts x Biology program in MRU. Classes starts fall — september intake

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not, I am currently in the Philippines and will be lodging my application mid April. I'm going over all the documents I have before I send it to IRCC. I am enrolled under Bachelor of Arts x Biology program in MRU. Classes starts fall — september intake
So you have letter of attestation? Apply with yours and step father’s bank statements. Have him pay first year tuition. Explain why you need to study a Bachelor of Arts in Canada, and cannot do a Bachelor’s in the Philippines. Outline how the total cost of the program is justified with higher pay and better career opportunities in the Philippines. Also explain why are you are starting a bachelor degree in your mid 20s.

alxbrtlm

Apr 7, 2024
Yes, I got the letter of attestation weeks ago, thank you so much for this information. It's very helpful.

alxbrtlm

Apr 7, 2024
All my siblings and extended family are here in the Philippines. Only my mom goes back and forth to Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
All my siblings and extended family are here in the Philippines. Only my mom goes back and forth to Canada.
So no family ties because you are over 22 and . So make sure you show ties to return with possible career opportunities, properties, investments etc.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It is much cheaper to study in my home country problem is the degree is not recognized worldwide especially if it's medical program.
Why does it need to recognized world wide? You are taking a degree in Canada, so you have to show ties to return. You are not taking a medical program. You are taking a Bachelor of Arts.

Reactions: YVR123