+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship file process inland

Sweety06

Mar 24, 2024
Hello Members,
Please advise me on my current situation. I am being little panic here for the processing timeline.
I have applied for the spouse file on 19th Feb,2024 and I have representative who did that file for me.
AOR- 8th March
Letter from IRCC - 9th March asking for RPRF and renewed passport and PCC from my home country. I have paid RPRF same day and other two documents I have submitted within 15 days. Time was given to me to submit those documents was 1 month but I have luckily got everything before time and submitted.
Letter from IRCC for Biometrics fees payment got it on 19th March.
Its been more than month now and I didn’t get any update on anything yet. Also I have done my biometrics and medical last year for my work permit so my representative said that sometimes the officer can use the same if its not expired or something. Also my representative has access but I don’t have so what should I do with that? He is busy Lawyer and I don’t want to call him every day to ask. I have checked online that if I link my account with GCkey then my representative can loose access of my account.
please provide me any information like why it is taking time for any update, or what can I expect next?
Thank you.

laroly_rola

Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
You are still within the timeline. The current processing time is 11 months for inland family sponsorship (outside Quebec).
I applied on February 12 and I am also still waiting. I have received sponsor approval and approval in principle, and I’m now waiting for background check and final approval. It will be a while from now for that to happen. I’ve seen October applicants are just starting to get their approvals, so I would expect for February applicants to start seeing approvals around August.

Sweety06

Mar 24, 2024
You are still within the timeline. The current processing time is 11 months for inland family sponsorship (outside Quebec).
I applied on February 12 and I am also still waiting. I have received sponsor approval and approval in principle, and I’m now waiting for background check and final approval. It will be a while from now for that to happen. I’ve seen October applicants are just starting to get their approvals, so I would expect for February applicants to start seeing approvals around August.
I see okay, have you got request to pay RPRF till now?

laroly_rola

Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
I see okay, have you got request to pay RPRF till now?
I received a request for my Police Certificate from back home before I received AOR. That letter included a reminder to pay RPRF but I already paid that before submitting my application, so I ignored that part lol

laroly_rola

Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
Hello Members,
Please advise me on my current situation. I am being little panic here for the processing timeline.
I have applied for the spouse file on 19th Feb,2024 and I have representative who did that file for me.
AOR- 8th March
Letter from IRCC - 9th March asking for RPRF and renewed passport and PCC from my home country. I have paid RPRF same day and other two documents I have submitted within 15 days. Time was given to me to submit those documents was 1 month but I have luckily got everything before time and submitted.
Letter from IRCC for Biometrics fees payment got it on 19th March.
Its been more than month now and I didn’t get any update on anything yet. Also I have done my biometrics and medical last year for my work permit so my representative said that sometimes the officer can use the same if its not expired or something. Also my representative has access but I don’t have so what should I do with that? He is busy Lawyer and I don’t want to call him every day to ask. I have checked online that if I link my account with GCkey then my representative can loose access of my account.
please provide me any information like why it is taking time for any update, or what can I expect next?
Thank you.
Oh and I forgot. Yes, you can give your past medical results if you have completed them within 5 years, so you shouldn't have to do medicals again. However, if you received Biometrics Request, you must do it within a month. It doesn't matter if you already did biometrics for a work permit or study permit before, for PR applications you need to redo your biometrics. I would advice you check the Canada page and recheck ig you need to give biometrics.

Sweety06

Mar 24, 2024
Oh and I forgot. Yes, you can give your past medical results if you have completed them within 5 years, so you shouldn't have to do medicals again. However, if you received Biometrics Request, you must do it within a month. It doesn't matter if you already did biometrics for a work permit or study permit before, for PR applications you need to redo your biometrics. I would advice you check the Canada page and recheck ig you need to give biometrics.
I didn’t receive biometric request yet, I have got letter to pay fees for the biometric and it has written in that letter that way. So, I guess I might just have to wait until they send any more information.