+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal PR without Rukhsati

bees.n.trees

Apr 30, 2024
Hi everyone,

I got married last year in August and we applied for my husband's PR in October 2023. I was visiting Pakistan during my summer break and our Nikkah was not planned so we did not have time to do the rukhsati. We just received a letter asking whether we have done the rukhsati or not. I have heard that most Nikkah only applications get rejected and am hesitant to mention that we have not had our rukhsati yet. I have one video from after our nikkah of us going to my house together but I'm not sure if that would be enough proof for a rukhsati. We have planned our rukhsati for this summer In sha Allah so I'm not sure if we should say that we have not done it yet, but are planning for this year. To add, I went to Pakistan this February 2024 to visit and plan for the rukhsati so we have lots of pictures together from this trip.

Any advice on how we should reply to the document request would be most appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I got married last year in August and we applied for my husband's PR in October 2023. I was visiting Pakistan during my summer break and our Nikkah was not planned so we did not have time to do the rukhsati. We just received a letter asking whether we have done the rukhsati or not. I have heard that most Nikkah only applications get rejected and am hesitant to mention that we have not had our rukhsati yet. I have one video from after our nikkah of us going to my house together but I'm not sure if that would be enough proof for a rukhsati. We have planned our rukhsati for this summer In sha Allah so I'm not sure if we should say that we have not done it yet, but are planning for this year. To add, I went to Pakistan this February 2024 to visit and plan for the rukhsati so we have lots of pictures together from this trip.

Any advice on how we should reply to the document request would be most appreciated!
You haven't done rukhsati. Do not tell IRCC that you have done rukhsati. This is misrepresentation (lying) and you'll be risking a 5 year ban.

Your only choice is to say you haven't done it yet.

Reactions: YVR123 and armoured

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi everyone,

DO NOT lie.
Be honest about that and worst case, you will reapply after you have done rukhsati.
That's way better than a misrepresentation and risking a 5 years ban from Canada. (and the misrepresentation record would affect all other visa applications, Canada and other countries)