+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Speaking english only to the immigration officer

praymo

Oct 14, 2023
I wanted to ask if there will be a problem speaking only english to immigration officers at the airport upon arrival to montreal, since i applied to study my courses in english and got my visa using english test only, thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I wanted to ask if there will be a problem speaking only english to immigration officers at the airport upon arrival to montreal, since i applied to study my courses in english and got my visa using english test only, thank you
Not an issue. All CBSA officers are bilingual.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i meant do they mind that i can only speak english? can they refuse my entry for that? thank you.
They don’t care. It is a Canadian entry point. I go through immigration all the time through Montreal and have never spoken French. A CBSA officer will probably talk to you in English first.

praymo

Oct 14, 2023
They don’t care. It is a Canadian entry point. I go through immigration all the time through Montreal and have never spoken French. A CBSA officer will probably talk to you in English first.
okey thank you for your help

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
When you get to Montreal, will customs let you through?
You are expected to be able to answer basic questions regarding your visit. This alone probably won't impede the entry but may complicate it a bit.

Root90

Sep 14, 2023
You are expected to be able to answer basic questions regarding your visit. This alone probably won't impede the entry but may complicate it a bit.
Is it possible for me to accompany my husband as an interpreter or will he go to the officers alone?