+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sowp

Jatin@ni

Feb 4, 2024
I have applied for my wife sowp on 18 december, medical updated on 24 april. When i can expect the decision. Also, one more question, when i applied my PGWP had left for 8 months, but now it just expiring in 4 months. Is it gonna effect her sowp application and i should apply for extension or is it okay? Please lemme know if anyone know

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied for my wife sowp on 18 december, medical updated on 24 april. When i can expect the decision. Also, one more question, when i applied my PGWP had left for 8 months, but now it just expiring in 4 months. Is it gonna effect her sowp application and i should apply for extension or is it okay? Please lemme know if anyone know
Usually IRCC will not process if permit expires within 6 months. How are you eligible for an extension? Where did she apply from.

Jatin@ni

Feb 4, 2024
Usually IRCC will not process if permit expires within 6 months. How are you eligible for an extension? Where did she apply from.
I can put my LMIA extension and raise web form in her application about mu extension. She applied from india. Also when we applied it was of 8 months. They are delaying the applications how come this can be the reason for rejection?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I can put my LMIA extension and raise web form in her application about mu extension. She applied from india. Also when we applied it was of 8 months. They are delaying the applications how come this can be the reason for rejection?
You said you were on a PGWP. So you have an approved LMIA and are applying for a closed work permit? If so apply for closed work permit and include her application for SOWP. Processing for a SOWP is at least 20 weeks for most people so within normal times. There is no delay.

Jatin@ni

Feb 4, 2024
When i apply it was 8 weeks, it got increased after. And yes im thinking to apply for closed work permit but also for me it will take 3-4 months to get my closed work permit approved. So can i use the temporary document which we recieve after applying and my lmia in her web form so that they should know i have extension?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
When i apply it was 8 weeks, it got increased after. And yes im thinking to apply for closed work permit but also for me it will take 3-4 months to get my closed work permit approved. So can i use the temporary document which we recieve after applying and my lmia in her web form so that they should know i have extension?
You aren’t applying for an extension if on an open work permit. You are applying for a closed work permit with SOWP. What type of LMIA (high wage etc.)?

Rupinder@01

Apr 29, 2024
Hello, I applied for by SOWP on December 15, 2023. Medical is also included in that. No update yet, any idea how long have to wait??

Rupinder@01

Apr 29, 2024
Hello, For application do we always get update in email that we given during application submission, or it can be only update in gckey account but no update through email?? Thank you