+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SEIZED PASSPORT AT IRCC ETOBICOKE

ali19993

Jun 3, 2022
His passport was seized also by Etobicoke
It’s been more than two months when he sent the letter

also he apply for refugee travel document five months ago and try to make it urgent by the web form also nothing
This is so frustrating
I know it’s really frustrating i am also waiting for there reply since last 5 months but no luck yet, however there are few people who got there passport back in 2 months or 5 months. I guess they are just selecting the people randomly

Jasneet8404

Nov 18, 2022
Hello , I am facing the same situation . I hope you got your passport back by now . Can you please advise how long did it took you and what is the process ?
That would be really appreciated

ali19993

Jun 3, 2022
Hello , I am facing the same situation . I hope you got your passport back by now . Can you please advise how long did it took you and what is the process ?
That would be really appreciated
No response from them yet, still waiting for the response

bamboohamboo

Sep 24, 2022
Back in 2018, I claimed for refugee asylum at IRCC at the Etobicoke branch. At that time they seized my passport. Now, I have obtained my permanent resident card through spousal sponsorship and I have also withdrew my refugee claim. I am trying to get IRCC to give me back my seized passport. I have written emails, sent a mail, made phone calls, and even visited the branch in person but there has been no reply since the last two months via any of the modes of communication. I even went to CBSA, and they suggested that i mail a letter to IRCC and wait for a response. I have heard nothing back, thus far. Please, is there anyone who is going through something similar. If so, can you share some information about the time line it takes to receive your passport, and what you did to obtain it successfully. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
hello, may I ask how you withdrew your refugee claim while your PR is based on your refugee claim. aren't you supposed to lose your PR status in this case?
Thank you.

Jasneet8404

Nov 18, 2022
Back in 2018, I claimed for refugee asylum at IRCC at the Etobicoke branch. At that time they seized my passport. Now, I have obtained my permanent resident card through spousal sponsorship and I have also withdrew my refugee claim. I am trying to get IRCC to give me back my seized passport. I have written emails, sent a mail, made phone calls, and even visited the branch in person but there has been no reply since the last two months via any of the modes of communication. I even went to CBSA, and they suggested that i mail a letter to IRCC and wait for a response. I have heard nothing back, thus far. Please, is there anyone who is going through something similar. If so, can you share some information about the time line it takes to receive your passport, and what you did to obtain it successfully. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
hi Ali , I was wondering do you still have to withdraw your refugee claim even if you get your permanent residency through spousal sponsorship. You’re already PR so shouldn’t refugee claims gets void by itself .

Shenick77

Jun 8, 2020
His passport was seized also by Etobicoke
It’s been more than two months when he sent the letter

also he apply for refugee travel document five months ago and try to make it urgent by the web form also nothing
This is so frustrating
go to airport road 6900 airport road CBSA and get the passport back no appointment need. Take an ID and your PR card. you can call if you like also but it easier go in person it should take more than 30 minutes. If they don't have it they will request for it and tell you come back another day.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Getting my passport back soon:

January 25th I requested my passport back from IRCC etobicoke because they are the ones who took it when I claimed asylum. I emailed them (CIC-Etobicoke-Immigration@cic.gc.ca) a letter and sent the same letter one week later by canada post (tracked).

In the letter I wrote my UCI, passport details, DOB, Name etc. and I attached my notice of seizure, copy of my passport that I am requesting and my eCoPR.

February 20th I followed up with another email and a Webform.

March 5th 2024 I got an email from IRCC etobicoke with an appointment letter to come pick up the passport (appointment date is March 21st 2024)

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019

January 25th I requested my passport back from IRCC etobicoke because they are the ones who took it when I claimed asylum. I emailed them (CIC-Etobicoke-Immigration@cic.gc.ca) a letter and sent the same letter one week later by canada post (tracked).

In the letter I wrote my UCI, passport details, DOB, Name etc. and I attached my notice of seizure, copy of my passport that I am requesting and my eCoPR.

March 5th 2024 I got an email from IRCC etobicoke with an appointment letter to come pick up the passport (appointment date is March 21st 2024)
Can you give us a sample of what you wrote in the email ? If that’s okay

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022

Hi,
Are you planning to travel with your passport?

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Can you give us a sample of what you wrote in the email ? If that’s okay
Name Sample Name
UCI 598769009 DOB 1988-01-01
Tel 647 999 9999 Email sample@gmail.com

Good Evening,
I am writing to request my passport that was seized by IRCC Etobicoke on March 3rd, 2019 when I claimed asylum in your offices. I have been a convention refugee since 2022 and was granted permanent residency on January 17th, 2024.

I have attached a copy of my passport and my electronic confirmation of permanent residency eCoPR.

My passport details are below:

Passport Number:

Issue Date:
Expiry Date:
Authority:

Place of Birth:

Thanks & Regards,
Me

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi,
Are you planning to travel with your passport?
No I do not plan to use my passport for travel as I only travel on my RTD (and I will not risk losing my asylum status), and will not be renewing it. I just need it show it over zoom to verify my identity for something back home.

Last edited:

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
No I do not plan to use my passport for travel as I only travel on my RTD (and I will not risk losing my asylum status), and will not be renewing it. Just need it show it over zoom to verify my identity for something back home.
Thank you so much for answering. Also I was wondering if you get your passport can you still have rtd? Because on the form it asks about passport.

pamela21

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi,

I got EcoPR and waiting for a PR card. If they call me to pick up my passport back, Can I get it with ecoPR? Thank you.