+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking advice on citizenship application withdrawal

R_B

Apr 17, 2024
Hello, I applied online and have received AOR.

But I realised later that I made an error and wrote to IRCC through the webform, "Please change the end date to Not Applicable for the below question under Immigration and Citizenship Status Section: Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)? ".

Reply received from them is, " Once the online application is submitted, it is not possible to modify the information provided. If at any point during the processing of your application the responsible office requires further documentation, they may send you an email to the address provided when you created your account. That email will advise you to verify the Check status and messages section for specific details. Please note that the responsible office may do so at their discretion, as the application will be reviewed based on the information available and may be refused if any of the required documents have not been provided."

I am not sure now if I should withdraw the application and reapply or just let the application processed? Please share your experience regarding the same.
Thank you so much.

CanGoldDigger

Star Member
Feb 17, 2024
Two options:

1. You can raise a webform and send a LOE.

2. If you are sure that will get a new ITA soon, then you can withdraw and apply again then, it's up to you.

Just to be safe and avoid any misrepresentation.

R_B

Apr 17, 2024
Thank you so much for replying. Just wanted to confirm what ITA means in regards to citizenship application?

Last edited: