SSK123

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
07-04-2017 score- L 8.5 R 8.5 W 6.5 S 6.5
Hi all, posting this on behalf of my sister.

Hi everyone, I received my Ontario nomination through master's stream and will apply for non express entry PR by the end of this week. My PGWP expired on 25th April 2024 and I received my nomination just a day before. I have a visitor's visa and it expires in 11/2027. I just discovered that I won't be eligible to apply for bridging work pemit after I receive AOR because I don't have valid work permit. I will apply for restoration of work permit as it hasn't been 90 days since it expired. I want to apply for federal PR and then restoration and then try and see if I can flagpole at Canadian border at Rainbow bridge. Can I restore my status as worker by doing this? I can't wait for a year to get my PR and then work. Please suggest something, I'm not finding any solution to this. Thank you

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Y
Hi all, posting this on behalf of my sister.

Hi everyone, I received my Ontario nomination through master's stream and will apply for non express entry PR by the end of this week. My PGWP expired on 25th April 2024 and I received my nomination just a day before. I have a visitor's visa and it expires in 11/2027. I just discovered that I won't be eligible to apply for bridging work pemit after I receive AOR because I don't have valid work permit. I will apply for restoration of work permit as it hasn't been 90 days since it expired. I want to apply for federal PR and then restoration and then try and see if I can flagpole at Canadian border at Rainbow bridge. Can I restore my status as worker by doing this? I can't wait for a year to get my PR and then work. Please suggest something, I'm not finding any solution to this. Thank you
You should apply for closed work permit with help of your employer. Your employer have to submit job offer in employer portal and pay $230 compliance fees . Then with help of that you should submit work permit application and attach nomination letter and work permit support letter from Province. Also if she has visitor status before PGWP expired , she has valid status and no need to restore as she have visitor status. Note - visitor record and visitor status is different things.

SSK123

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Y

You should apply for closed work permit with help of your employer. Your employer have to submit job offer in employer portal and pay $230 compliance fees . Then with help of that you should submit work permit application and attach nomination letter and work permit support letter from Province. Also if she has visitor status before PGWP expired , she has valid status and no need to restore as she have visitor status. Note - visitor record and visitor status is different things.
Hi, thank you for the reply. She got laid off last year and has been actively looking for a job ever since. She is not employed at the moment. She has visitor visa of 10 years that was issued in 2017 and she visited Canada twice on that visa. Does the visitor visa become invalid because of the change to study permit and pgwp thereafter?

SSK123

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Also, the reason why she wants to restore her work permit is that she can start working if she gets a job in the meanwhile. She will not be able to do that on the visitor visa.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi, thank you for the reply. She got laid off last year and has been actively looking for a job ever since. She is not employed at the moment. She has visitor visa of 10 years that was issued in 2017 and she visited Canada twice on that visa. Does the visitor visa become invalid because of the change to study permit and pgwp thereafter?
So she is not working for employer who supported her PNP application? Did she informed PNP office about that ?

Reactions: YVR123

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
So she is not working for employer who supported her PNP application? Did she informed PNP office about that ?
A Question related to this. If work visa expires then employer job offer letter also no use if there are no end dates mentioned in the letter?

SSK123

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Her PNP was master's graduate stream and did not require a job offer or employment. It was done when she was already laid off.

SSK123

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The visitor visa is still valid but this doesn't mean she is allowed to stay in Canada until 2017. She is still out of status and needs to fix this.

SSK123

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
The visitor visa is still valid but this doesn't mean she is allowed to stay in Canada until 2017. She is still out of status and needs to fix this.
Do you think going outside of Canada and coming back will kick in her visitor visa on re-entry?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you think going outside of Canada and coming back will kick in her visitor visa on re-entry?
Why does she need to leave? Apply to extend her status as a visitor without leaving.. CBSA could deny entry. CBSA will know she applied for OINP and wonder what she will do for up to a year in Canada as a visitor while PR is being processed

SSK123

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Why does she need to leave? Apply to extend her status as a visitor without leaving.. CBSA could deny entry. CBSA will know she applied for OINP and wonder what she will do for up to a year in Canada as a visitor while PR is being processed
Sorry I didn't understand why we need to extend. Her visitor visa is valid until 2027 and her PGWP has just expired so it has not been more 6 months either.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry I didn't understand why we need to extend. Her visitor visa is valid until 2027 and her PGWP has just expired so it has not been more 6 months either.
Her visitor visa just allows her to enter Canada. It doesn’t allow her to live in Canada indefinitely. She is without status and in Canada illegally now. Once her PGWP expired, she was without status. She needs to restore her status as a visitor ASAP. Then she is on implied status and can stay up to 6 months.