+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration of status

Analyn80

Oct 27, 2019
Hello everyone, I need help/advise.

So here is the situation, my cousin lost his job (laid off) while on temporary work permit (closed) now his extension application got refused. My question is, can he still apply for restoration even if he does not have a new employer, someone is promising a job with LMIA but will not be ready until May 2024. Can he submit a restoration along with a visitor visa to maintain status?

Has anyone experienced this? Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone, I need help/advise.

So here is the situation, my cousin lost his job (laid off) while on temporary work permit (closed) now his extension application got refused. My question is, can he still apply for restoration even if he does not have a new employer, someone is promising a job with LMIA but will not be ready until May 2024. Can he submit a restoration along with a visitor visa to maintain status?

Has anyone experienced this? Thank you in advance.
Yes, he can try restoring status to visitor. If restoration is refused, he will need to leave Canada.

carlosbaldojr

Oct 3, 2018
Hey guys, sorry to use this space for a rather different subject, but it was the closest one I could find. I was wondering if anyone has seen a situation like mine:

I graduated last June from a Canadian College. I had a study permit and my wife an OWP. I little before my graduation, my wife received a job offer and qualified to apply for PR under the Atlantic Immigration Program. We did that. Once I graduated, I requested my PGWP and a Spousal extension for her OWP. All good until that moment, we were on maintain status waiting for our PR application and the Pgwp+Extension.

However, due to a missing document on my wife's OWP ext application (I never added my employer's letter to prove the NOC I was working under), hers was denied, while mine was successful.

So, she lost status and we applied for restoration + Owp the week after (within the 90 day period). Because of that, she had to stop working for the employer who gave her the job offer (which qualified her for the Atlantic Immigration Program). We informed IRCC of all that and added a letter from her employer saying they still need her, and that they intend to get her back once she restores her status.

Right now we are waiting for her restoration of status to be processed and also waiting for her PR application (AOR June 27). My question: Do you believe that the fact that she is not currently working (and waiting for status) will lead IRCC to deny her PR application? Have you ever seen such a situation? Thank you all so very much for your help!

Muritala_big

Jun 1, 2024
Hi guys, I’m new in the forums and I sincerely need help…In short i came in to Canada 6 month ago and I applied for an extension but it was denied. However I have found an employee who is ready to give me a job offer. Please advise on what to do and how to restore my status. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys, I’m new in the forums and I sincerely need help…In short i came in to Canada 6 month ago and I applied for an extension but it was denied. However I have found an employee who is ready to give me a job offer. Please advise on what to do and how to restore my status. Thanks
How long ago was your extension denied? You have 90 days from that time to apply to restore your status. If you are within the 90 days, recommend you apply to restore your status to visitor as soon as you can.

To apply for a work permit, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA. Has your employer already obtained an approved LMIA?

Reactions: YVR123

Muritala_big

Jun 1, 2024
How long ago was your extension denied? You have 90 days from that time to apply to restore your status. If you are within the 90 days, recommend you apply to restore your status to visitor as soon as you can.

To apply for a work permit, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA. Has your employer already obtained an approved LMIA?
My extension was refused on the 27th last month and pls how can I restore my status back.
We just submitted the necessary documents for the SINP and we are waiting for the sinp job approval letter to apply for Lmia. Kindly advise on how to restore my status pls.